2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

1 hour ago, wgbeethree said:

He calls shots, has 20 inch blades on his impala, is getting laid tonight, and has a swisher rolled tight. 

I literally (and yes, I'm using the word correctly) starting rapping this song every time someone says "baller" within earshot of me. Sometimes under my breath, sometimes not.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Norm said:

Okay, cool. I didn't say it was impossible that he can. Saying it like you did, "they both can do it" is trying to purport it like it's equal. It's not. The fact I have to even argue this and people can put on a game (there was nothing crazy in that PS game to decide it but we know who both of these guys are by now) is just frustrating. IDK how someone can see Jake Kumerow and their brain can think, yeah he gets open just like J'mon Moore does!

Like he said, your not seeing Moore beat top tier CB talent. 

Also, Kumerow made all those catches while Moore dropped half of his. 

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

Geez, the Moore haters are silly, and I don't mean to denigrate the haters.

For the Moore hater's, denigrate means to put down.

Why should I be happy with anything he’s done up to this point?  Where has he excelled? And don’t say he gets open because beating a bunch of guys who will not be on a roster at the beginning of the season doesn’t count 

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

Like he said, your not seeing Moore beat top tier CB talent. 

Also, Kumerow made all those catches while Moore dropped half of his. 

Why should I be happy with anything he’s done up to this point?  Where has he excelled? And don’t say he gets open because beating a bunch of guys who will not be on a roster at the beginning of the season doesn’t count 

What if he got open on "top tier" corners last pre season? Would that count or still no because of drops?

1 hour ago, mikebpackfan said:

I don't see how giving him space is a sign of disrespect.  You would play further off a guy (assuming you weren't playing press) if you respected his speed and were worried that he could beat you deep (generally speaking, I doubt that is what happened here).  The receiver's ability has nothing to do with the CBs ability to close that gap.

I disagree but there's zero way for me to prove it other than Patrick telling us publicly he didn't take him seriously. There's no way he was worried he was going by him I'm sure, that's why it all looked so bad. It was like he just barely cares that he exists and doesn't want to pay him any attention. 

Can argue for days, but it looked bad to me.

3 hours ago, Norm said:

That's what my brain went to...

IDK there's this idea when he's played he's threw up big numbers or something. He played 57 offensive snaps in the Jets game last year and still got only 3 targets. 

He caught 8 passes seeing time in 5 games and I guess started 2 of them. Baller?

Where has anybody in the thread stated he has BIG Numbers, or even that he’s a super talented player? Jake’s got great instincts for the game, and has learned to make the most of what he’s got to work with. Moore has more talent, but in my opinion Kumerow has more football acumen -->the ability to make good judgments and quick decisions, typically in a particular domain (in this case, how to play football)

They both bring different assets to the squad, and I  have no pony in this race. It’s all just pre-season banter as far as I’m concerned.

15 minutes ago, Norm said:

I disagree but there's zero way for me to prove it other than Patrick telling us publicly he didn't take him seriously. There's no way he was worried he was going by him I'm sure, that's why it all looked so bad. It was like he just barely cares that he exists and doesn't want to pay him any attention. 

Can argue for days, but it looked bad to me.

It looked like he was in zone coverage reading Rodgers playing deep. Not sure why it looked bad, I mean if Rodgers had a clean pocket without 3 rushers in his face thats a completion. 

Edited by Gopackgonerd

Man I'm kinda surprised I have to actually defend Kumerow here.  He's more than just a drop-in replacement, he has legitimate value attacking zone and off-man coverage.  The same ability to shield the CB from the catch point and attack the ball in a contested situation plays downfield as well, and he can run a bit more than you'd think in a straight line.  In a hypothetical world where he received a fair number of snaps on this team I'd guess he'd put up pretty good numbers, and the offense would get value of the match-ups he was good in.  The thing is, the value Kumerow provides this year just isn't likely to be significantly greater than you get could get out of EQ in a similar role, and from a future potential standpoint even with the drops Moore just has such a higher ceiling it's still hard to make that cut. Kumerow makes your team a little better today while sacrificing the potential to be much better tomorrow.  I can't blame people who make that cut but personally I'd still keep Moore.  We're talking that WR4/5 spot with EQ, you can roll the dice with talent over proven production that far down.

Edited by MrBobGray
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Norm said:

What if he got open on "top tier" corners last pre season? Would that count or still no because of drops?

I don’t remember him getting open last year against “Top tier” talent last year either. 

I do remember the drops though. 

Edited by MantyWrestler

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So regular season doesn't matter? Say what you will about EQ, the guy actually did it against live competition last year. 

I don’t have a dog in the hunt, just based on what I’ve seen at family night, the first preseason game, and reports out of camp of who’s playing with the 1s.

Edited by deathstar

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

I also believe anyone who thinks Kumerow hasn’t locked up a roster spot and the #4 is clueless.

The 4/5/6 are (in some order) Davis, Kumerow, ESB.
Davis has track speed, is the current returner and gunner on ST, and has made a big jump this year as a pure receiver. It's a tough call between him and Kumerow (and Davis is only a year younger than K). It's debatable that K provides more value than Davis. However, the longer Davis is out, the better chance K has to be ranked above him.

ESB has the same height as Kumerow, is more athletic, is noticeably faster, is five years younger (and therefore cheaper), catches well, has more upside. Again, the call between him and Kumerow is no sure thing.

I'd say Kumerow is somewhere in the 4th to 6th range, but I guess I'm clueless..........

Edited by OneTwoSixFive