Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I'd rather have a 2nd round pick to draft a WR, ILB or LG - if Martin doesn't eventually take over For Flowers - then to keep Kerrigan until he retires. I'd be different if we were a good to great team but we're in the middle of a rebuild. Go let him, TWill, Peterson, Norman and possibly Reed go play for a super bowl contender for this year and however long they play.

I get that but I’m assuming Kerrigan doesn’t want to leave. I mean, if anyone he’s earned the right to finish up his career in DC it’s him. Peterson, Norman, and Reed could leave tomorrow I’d be fine with that 😂

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That's the risk you take w/ every player. Every play could be each players last. 

There is risk and then there is risk.  I believe that between both knees, Clowney has had a significant knee surgery, microfracture surgery and 3 knee scopes.

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

There is risk and then there is risk.  I believe that between both knees, Clowney has had a significant knee surgery, microfracture surgery and 3 knee scopes.

Still getting 9 plus sacks and playing great run D though. I think he plays longer than the 31 year old Kerrigan.

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Still getting 9 plus sacks and playing great run D though. I think he plays longer than the 31 year old Kerrigan.

He is a good player when healthy, I just think he is damaged goods.  The Texans could have extended Clowney with a massive deal and still signed Trent and extended him.  But they chose not to re-sign clowney when they are swimming in cap space.  

Edit: Check the numbers out...

Sacks    Kerrigan    Clowney
2018         13             9
2017         13             9.5
2016         11             6
2015         9.5            4.5
2014         13.5          0
2013         8.5            N/A
2012         8.5            N/A
2011         7.5            N/A

During the time they were both in the league 2015-2018(not counting his scratch rookie year), Kerrigan has had 46.5 sacks and Clowney has had 29.  

5 hours ago, Woz said:

They could potentially claw back some money paid to him. It would depend on how it was structured.

Of course, the problem for Trent is that Washington would still have his contract. It's not like he could retire and then sign with another team.

Just wanted to know if he'd owe them any money back. We see the Colts didn't ask Luck for any money back. Wonder how things would happen here if that was to be the case.

7 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Can I offer Thai one of my points? Its only right that Moreland becomes the first 6 point player in forum history 

I do fear for the future Thai if he loses out on Moreland- it could transform him from his current 

giphy.gif

Into

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Just wanted to know if he'd owe them any money back. We see the Colts didn't ask Luck for any money back. Wonder how things would happen here if that was to be the case.

Considering we’re threatening (or currently are) fining him and this is the Redskins we’re talking about.... I’ll give you one guess

6 hours ago, mar29020 said:

kerrigan feels a lot older then that to me 

He does but you have to love and reward a guy like him- always prepared, plays hard and is productive, never a hint of off the field issues- he deserves a nice payday from the Redskins and to play and retire here. The last guy like him here was Chris Samuels. Both under-valued and under-rated because they weren’t self promoters but we’re team first professionals 

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

He is a good player when healthy, I just think he is damaged goods.  The Texans could have extended Clowney with a massive deal and still signed Trent and extended him.  But they chose not to re-sign clowney when they are swimming in cap space.  

Edit: Check the numbers out...

Sacks    Kerrigan    Clowney
2018         13             9
2017         13             9.5
2016         11             6
2015         9.5            4.5
2014         13.5          0
2013         8.5            N/A
2012         8.5            N/A
2011         7.5            N/A

During the time they were both in the league 2015-2018(not counting his scratch rookie year), Kerrigan has had 46.5 sacks and Clowney has had 29.  

Clowney is a shell of who he was in college. 

Know it's not a big trade but something I'd like is to give a late round pick to Miami for Kiko Alonzo,in the preseason the coverage over the middle has been horrible,and last season He had 125 tackles 3 ints 3 FFs and 6 pass deflections

Archived