Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

I'm pretty even on the whole dak debate.

But I don't understand the supreme optimism of the pro Dak side and their inability to see any single fault for paying him 30+m.

If he was really worth that much why didnt we make the playoffs? Its almost like people have gotten dementia from what happened this past season.

9 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'm pretty even on the whole dak debate.

But I don't understand the supreme optimism of the pro Dak side and their inability to see any single fault for paying him 30+m.

If he was really worth that much why didnt we make the playoffs? Its almost like people have gotten dementia from what happened this past season.

LOL. Any moron can see the counter argument. It's just a terrible argument. 

And we didn't make the playoffs because the team quit on the coaching staff and our quarterback was injured in the de facto game.

The only people that have dementia are the ones that can't realize that he's never had a losing season. Quit living in the short-term.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

You mean "Garbage Time" when the DB's play off the receivers to avoid giving up the big play, leading to open guys and easy completions?

Otherwise known as "Dak Time" or "Trashcott Time"

In his last 18 games against teams with winning records (i.e., good teams):

Win-Loss: 6-12

TD:INT - 21:19

QBR below 70

And that’s even WITH the garbage time yards.

Again, we know that Garrett’s incompetence as a coach was a huge factor as well as Marinelli’s incompetence on defense. Still, those numbers are putrid.

Edited by plan9misfit

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

QBR below 70

Again, we know that Garrett’s incompetence as a coach was a huge factor as well as Marinelli’s incompetence on defense. Still, those numbers are putrid.

QBR =/= passer rating. QBR is scaled out of 100. “Below 70” doesn’t say much, 70 is a decent/pretty good QBR

edit: 70 is actually an excellent QBR. https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Edited by matt79511

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

QBR below 70

do you know that there are only two QBs in the NFL that have a winning record against other teams with a winning record?

Does that change your stance at all?

Also curious as why you chose to cut off at 18 games? Because his rookie season he almost set the all-time record against winning teams. It seems like cherry picking.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

do you know that there are only two QBs in the NFL that have a winning record against other teams with a winning record?

Does that change your stance at all?

Also curious as why you chose to cut off at 18 games? Because his rookie season he almost set the all-time record against winning teams. It seems like cherry picking.

I was merely providing information from NFL Radio on Sirius XM. As I’ve said multiple times, I’m 100% positive that Jason Garrett’s stink had a huge influence, but poor QB performances are still poor QB performances.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Dak would be wise to dump Todd France

Seems like France tried to use Dak to make a name for himself, to become the Scott Boras of the NFL ("If I can get DAK PRESCOTT top $$, Imagine what I could do FOR YOU??")

In reality, A guy like Dak, who hasn't made much $$ yet 4 years into his career, in the middle of a league full of financial uncertainty, was led by his agent to turn down 175 Million dollars over 5 years being the face of the franchise of the most valuable team in sports

I wonder how much truth there was to Dak trying to get a deal done at the last minute but they just ran out of time

3 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Dak would be wise to dump Todd France

Seems like France tried to use Dak to make a name for himself, to become the Scott Boras of the NFL ("If I can get DAK PRESCOTT top $$, Imagine what I could do FOR YOU??")

In reality, A guy like Dak, who hasn't made much $$ yet 4 years into his career, in the middle of a league full of financial uncertainty, was led by his agent to turn down 175 Million dollars over 5 years being the face of the franchise of the most valuable team in sports

I wonder how much truth there was to Dak trying to get a deal done at the last minute but they just ran out of time

I think there’s probably truth to it. He probably realized that Jerry wasn’t going to budge and ished his pants at the last second. 

20 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You guys make me scratch my head. Todd France is already a huge name. 

Hopkins 

Donald

Cox

Dupree

Simmons

Jarrett

All in all he represents 85 clients and made almost $50m last year in commissions. 

Learn to READ Matts

He may be a "Big Name" but he's not Scott Boras, He's not "THE" name guy for the NFL

It seems like he tried to make Dak an example for himself. If he could get "DAK" top money, imagine what he could do for other bonafide TOP players

HE whiffed and Dak whiffed

It will be very telling to see if Dak follows him or looks for a new agent