Baker Mayfield: “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones”

ClutchDJ

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I present to you:

Daniel Jones looks like what you'd get if you did one of those AI "The Average face of a white college student" generators.

I want to write, secure funding for, and direct a horror movie just so I can make him the dumb boyfriend character who is the first guy to get chainsawed.

He is the personality equivalent of skim milk mashed potatoes.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Ward's numbers would have been much better if he would have been in a pass happy team in his entire career ... If Ward would have been drafted by a team like the Colts in 1998, he would have been easily a HOF

I doubt it. he was never a burner he was a possession WR. And right after him came Andre Johnson-Calvin Johnson. There deep threat was Randle El who signed with the skins for that deep speed and massive trick plays. 

Plus that was the Steelers MO.. Run- Run and play defense. 

You could never say that he was a top 10 WR. He didn’t posses the tangibles to be a top

WR. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I want to write, secure funding for, and direct a horror movie just so I can make him the dumb boyfriend character who is the first guy to get chainsawed.

He is the personality equivalent of skim milk mashed potatoes.

Watch out though, he belongs to a historical Yacht Club and his dad's friends will sue the crap out of you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I think Dexter Lawrence has a ton of potential and he was the 17th pick not the 32 pick.  If Jones was the 17th pick no one would have cared and Lawrence the 6th pick.  Sure Haskins would have made sense but again the Eli connection with Daniel Jones they went with Jones.  Dexter Lawrence could be a star in the NFL, and if the NFL all of a sudden does not want 6-4 340 pound DT with a lot of power and athletic ability, then the game in general has gone to hell.

I was talking about Jones falling to New England at 32.

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Watch out though, he belongs to a historical Yacht Club and his dad's friends will sue the crap out of you!

And Baker got a brand new lifted crew cab Ford F-350 from his dad for 16th birthday, and then threw a tantrum because he wanted a cream leather interior, NOT black! Do you know how hot a black leather interior gets in the Texas heat, DAD!?? HUhh????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I was talking about Jones falling to New England at 32.

Ok.  Still if Jones was taken by New England, or even if New England traded up to get him no one would question it.  Giants do it and everyone is like you dumb Fer.  PS the Patriots draft looks awesome, their top 5 picks have played very well in the preseason.  And Maybe the Giants took a little gamble on Daniel Jones because they liked him and thought the Jaguars, Bengals , Dolphins or Redskins were going to pick a QB and Jones would be gone at 17.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

And Maybe the Giants took a little gamble on Daniel Jones because they liked him and thought the Jaguars, Bengals , Dolphins or Redskins were going to pick a QB and Jones would be gone at 17.

<—— Get out 

22 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Way too many sensitive fans.

90% of the people's disgust of this is by reading the headline only and not actually the article to get the context in which he said it.

Sitting at a table, off the record (but apparently on) and he looks at a TV in a restaurant that has Jones on it and days "man I can't believe he went there that's crazy" in casual conversation.

Then in a question separate of Daniel Jones moments later he was asked why he thinks evaluating QBs is a imperfect science and answers "I don't think some scouts prioritize winning enough when looking at college QBs"

For whatever reason everyone thinks (and the article doesn't help) his comment about college QBs winning is directly related to Jones and it's not. It was a answer to a question he got asked about evaluating QBs in general.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

Let's not pretend like Duke is some powerhouse football team because they arent. If Oklahoma hadn't been winning games everyone is talking about it. When Duke loses a game no one notices it. There is a large difference in level of recruiting and player development overall. I dont necessarily think the team success of Duke is entirely a strong indicator for Daniel Jones. With a situation like that you have to base it more on individual skills more than anything else. I know that's the bulk of evaluating but even Oklahoma, you can point to some of the talent around Baker and suggest it made his development easier. Did it? Idk, I'm saying it can be suggested. 

11 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Let's not pretend like Duke is some powerhouse football team because they arent. If Oklahoma hadn't been winning games everyone is talking about it. When Duke loses a game no one notices it. There is a large difference in level of recruiting and player development overall. I dont necessarily think the team success of Duke is entirely a strong indicator for Daniel Jones. With a situation like that you have to base it more on individual skills more than anything else. I know that's the bulk of evaluating but even Oklahoma, you can point to some of the talent around Baker and suggest it made his development easier. Did it? Idk, I'm saying it can be suggested. 

The WRs Duke had last year were probably the worst in college football. zero seperation