Baker Mayfield: “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones”

ClutchDJ

16 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

So every player in the NFL is either a tool or follows the status quo?

I mean, you have even been naming players who are between A and B.  Newton, Ramsey, Mayfield, etc.  Antonio Brown before the end of his Steelers run, now he's just on another level.  Would you say JuJu follows the status quo?  I'd say he's a big personality too.  Among others.  So how are you coming to conclusion that there is a 0% of guys who are between A and B?

Yes, but the reaction doesn't mean the players still don't have a choice.  Just because some fans don't like that Ramsey drove to camp in a flashy truck doesn't forbid him from doing it again.  

And you have way more chance to win when you say cliches, even if it's very boring

The team that had the most success in the last 10-15 years doing a lot of trash talk was the Jets in the first few years of the Rex Ryan era ... When they stopped being successful, they imploded and it was a true circus.

One of Tomlin's biggest mistakes was to talk about the 2 matchup against the Patriots in 2017.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

By the way @MWil23 and @LETSGOBROWNIES Baker being a **** is definitely moving the needle for me towards the Browns train. This is the biggest news since GRob 2.0.

Friendly reminder that Greg Robinson may actually be a future perennial Pro Bowl LT who is about to get PAID and that our HC said "If you're not wearing brown and orange, you don't matter."

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

[Ochocinco pic]

You absolutely LOVE HIM if he plays for you, but if they don't, you probably HATE him. Personally, I'm glad to see him embrace his abrasive personality and turn heel. 

Wait, there were people that hated Chad with the same intensity as Ward or Lewis?  I never picked up on that.  I know his celebration stuff got on people's nerves, but his talk was just hot air.  He's like that guy that everyone knows without a filter who is funny at first, then tiring, then you just tune it out.  But the whole time he's harmless and a pretty good guy.

Just now, Gmen said:

Is that why OBJ and Baker can’t stop talking about a team that wears blue? 

It's getting to the point where it's strange now.  I get the bad blood for OBJ and he should be allowed to say his peace on the matter but damn man let it go already. 

You got a chance at big things and your worried about the Giants and Daniel Jones.  

I hope CLE crashes and burns, not because of this but because of the sheer entertainment value between the enormous egos.  I mean CLE missing the playoffs with Baker, OBJ, Landry would be pure gold.  Can't rely on AB to continue his antics all year. 

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Baker is to/will be to other AFC North teams what the following are like to Browns fans:

giphy.gif

200.gif

giphy.gif

You absolutely LOVE HIM if he plays for you, but if they don't, you probably HATE him. Personally, I'm glad to see him embrace his abrasive personality and turn heel. 

You say that now. But when he turns into manziel we’ll see about that. And that week 3 sig bet is coming play boi. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Is that why OBJ and Baker can’t stop talking about a team that wears blue? 

1. I don't know

2. I don't care

3. I don't love Baker running his mouth, but if he backs it up, it's whatever to me. To be honest, if people are going to react this negatively to interviews, we should cancel ALL OF THEM. People get mad over honesty, people get mad over bland/PC answers, and people get mad when they refuse to speak to the media. You can't have it each way.

4. Gettleman is an absolute clown

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

Wait, there were people that hated Chad with the same intensity as Ward or Lewis?  I never picked up on that. 

Jumping INTO the Dawg Pound after scoring a TD didn't exactly endear himself to Cleveland fans. Neither did the "Pepto Bismol" package to Leigh Bodden (who, btw, shut him down). Bryan Russell will NEVER have to buy another meal/drink in Cleveland again either, for the record.

3 minutes ago, theJ said:

I know his celebration stuff got on people's nerves, but his talk was just hot air.  He's like that guy that everyone knows without a filter who is funny at first, then tiring, then you just tune it out.  But the whole time he's harmless and a pretty good guy.

I think that you said/described Baker mostly too. Brash, arrogant, chip on his shoulder, relatively good natured without a filter, has an ax to grind with media members like Colin Cowherd, etc. He's harmless and a pretty good guy, etc.

5 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

You say that now. But when he turns into manziel we’ll see about that.

An out of the NFL drug addict and alcoholic in 2 years?

5 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

And that week 3 sig bet is coming play boi. 

Love you Rammy

21 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

...neither has anyone else.

Most of us haven't even watched our own team's preseason games.

Really?  Wow, I watch as many as I can and Daniel Jones has not looked awful and has some more than a little promise, and again if Lawrence was picked there and Jones later in the 1st no one would of had a problem.  Jones has a nice release, can spin it well and throws a good accurate deep ball and obviously has the physical size and athletic ability for a QB.  Sure Duke was not a dominating team but they did win 8 games this past year and the bowl game.  His receivers all sucked outside of TJ Rahming and arguably Erich Schneider his RS FR  year.  I did not have him as a high 1st rounder but bottom half of the 1st round was totally in question and 2nd round he would not have got past either.  Bet the Patriots are pissed he did not drop to them.