Baker Mayfield: “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones”

ClutchDJ

2 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Juju did give Antonio brown a reason to though. He was passive aggressive as hell towards him and basically tried to put himself on a high horse he was undeserving of.  Juju forgets that the reason he was so successful right out of the gate is because he played across from the best receiver in the league and then he takes shots at Brown as soon as brown is gone.  He makes him out to be the issue when the real issue is Ben getting coddled by the front office and being able to throw his teammates under the bus unconditionally while simultaneously being backed by team management

Hes being really fake by pretending that he didn’t take shots at Brown when he was called out by him and trying to turn it around.  I don’t blame brown for going at juju and I would have done the same if I was him

Is there an example of JuJu being passive aggressive towards AB prior to the incident?

9 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Non Steelers fan take: He was an overrated and glorified slot WR who was unbelievably dirty/cheap shot artist.

He was also on the wrong end at least once:

20050124DSsteelershines_230.jpg

It's a shame they could never find that white tux though.

Agreed.

He did a lot more than "talk". He was aggressive and violent off the field as well.

Browns QB says something that's unanimously regarded as out of pocket and obnoxious?

Call Hines Ward a cheap shot artist and Ray Lewis a murderer.

Lmao this is what happens when your team has had no success since '99.

Now ask yourself this fellow non-browns forumers: how obnoxious will this fan base get if they DO have success?

Smh buncha muppets 

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

good bet Cle@ NYG in 2020 will be a primetime match-up

I think the reason why the game between the Browns and the Jets in week 2 is going to be primetime this year is because it's the return of OBJ in New York .... Even if it's a home game for the Jets, OBJ is going to have a hostile welcome by the crowd.

Edited by Steelersfan43

I'd rather have hate from other fan bases than pity so whatever, bring it on.

Near our booth, a SportsCenter segment about the New York Giants catches Mayfield's eye. “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones,” Mayfield says, about New York's much-maligned draft-day decision to spend the sixth pick on the quarterback from Duke (whose college record was a measly 17–19). “Blows my mind.”

(Baker didn't say that about the record, just what is in the quotes but I'm sure you all know that)

The questioning is then changed and is not pertaining to Jones. It was about him being drafted at #1. His history of winning and being that guy for his team.

But whatever, I'm sure he has already spoken to Jones and I'm sure it got a lot of clicks because it has 14 pages here.

Edited by Thomas5737

6 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Personally, I think it would be hilarious if the Giants sent OBJ to Cleveland just to stick it to him.  If he wanted to stay in New York, (and by the way he's yapping, he did) he shouldn't have acted like a clown for 4 years.  A team can only handle so much of that.  That's why you see these diva receivers bounce around the league despite being supremely talented.  He won't play out his contract in Cleveland.  They'll ship him off for a 3rd round pick in two years to some other team that will think they can change him.  Probably Miami or LA.  That's his type of town.

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Is there an example of JuJu being passive aggressive towards AB prior to the incident?

After Brown went out of the way to rip Ben and the Steelers over Twitter on his way out (and deservedly so), Juju posted a tweet that, while not intentionally directed at Brown, was sucking up to Ben in order to make himself look like the good guy and make AB look bad for “not appreciating a HOF quarterback enough”.  He also posted a picture of himself having caught a touchdown pass with Antonio Brown in the background (a clear jab at him) with the caption “I’m ready”

So it makes total sense why Antonio Brown wants him to stop sneak dissing him, and Juju kissing Ben’s a** is just a joke considering he never defended him before then.  He wasn’t sticking up for Ben when he was throwing everyone else under the bus

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Personally, I think it would be hilarious if the Giants sent OBJ to Cleveland just to stick it to him.  If he wanted to stay in New York, (and by the way he's yapping, he did) he shouldn't have acted like a clown for 4 years.  A team can only handle so much of that.  That's why you see these diva receivers bounce around the league despite being supremely talented.  He won't play out his contract in Cleveland.  They'll ship him off for a 3rd round pick in two years to some other team that will think they can change him.  Probably Miami or LA.  That's his type of town.

OBJ can't move on from a trade of 5 years ago.

I agree that it is likely that he will not play out his contract in Cleveland.

2 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

After Brown went out of the way to rip Ben and the Steelers over Twitter on his way out (and deservedly so), Juju posted a tweet that, while not intentionally directed at Brown, was sucking up to Ben in order to make himself look like the good guy and make AB look bad for “not appreciating a HOF quarterback enough”.  He also posted a picture of himself having caught a touchdown pass with Antonio Brown in the background (a clear jab at him) with the caption “I’m ready”

So it makes total sense why Antonio Brown wants him to stop sneak dissing him, and Juju kissing Ben’s a** is just a joke considering he never defended him before then.  He wasn’t sticking up for Ben when he was throwing everyone else under the bus

What?...You have a problem with his 2 tweet????

What is bad to say he is ready? ... If Brown take it as a shot, it is way too sensitive

And what is wrong to support his HOF QB? (15 days after the trade BTW)?

To say that Brown's situation is all Roethlisberger's fault is ridiculous

What is bad to say he is ready? ... If Brown take it as a shot, it is way too sensitive...And what is wrong to support his HOF QB? (15 days after the BTW trade)?

To say that Brown's situation is all Roethlisberger's fault is ridiculous ... Brown had so much trouble before Ben called him out after the game in Denver ... I mean look at his comments and his actions after the game against the chiefs last year in week 2

9/17/18: In response to a critical tweet saying that Ben was the responsible person for AB's success, AB tweeted back "Trade Me, Find Out."

9/17/18: After a loss to the Chiefs, Brown did not show up for monday meetings. He said he was "pissed off" because "we suck."

It was in one of my posts in the previous page ... You must never answer the negative tweet about the fans, even if you do not like it ... You have to control your emotions!

JuJu has been a great teammate for the steelers since day one, so Brown takes the comments of JuJu as I’m Ready, Brown is soft!