Trade Rumors

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

C’mon, it ain’t that bad.

Us Browns fans suffered through a whole lot more than just a poor return on a trade.  If we can buck up and forge on, so can you.

This is a problem with ownership. Did you know the Texans are the 5th most valuable franchise in the NFL? Up there with Dallas, Pittsburgh, etc. Those teams have history, trophies, etc. The Texans don't have those things, but they still kill it financially.

So, there's really no incentive for them to improve. They can do dumb things like this, like signing Brock Osweiler, like letting AJ Bouye walk...and it's not going to impact the bottom line, Cal McNair is still going to cash in and the Texans will still boast their "every game in history has been a sell out!" garbage.

It's gonna take something drastic to get the right change in place, and that's where I'm going with this. As long as BOB is in the building, I'm not.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Or it’s time for Mercilus to be a star?

Mercilius will probably have an 8-10 sack season. Watt will still put up numbers that get him in th DPOY conversation. Watson will still throw for 4,500 and 30+ TDs, Hopkins will grab 100+ for 1,500 and double digits in TD. The team will still win the division, and get mud-stomped in their own house vs a #5 or #6 seed. 

I am done because of BOB. Because he's got a talented nucleus but is holding it back. And he's showing no sign of really changing that.

53 minutes ago, FinSting said:

What if Mingo and Martin produce better than Clowney this season?

I (as a Hawks fan) think there is a realistic chance this could happen. Seattle doesn't have a great track record of trades working in their favor

Percy Harvin, Duane Brown and Jimmy Graham all got hurt/struggled the year after they were traded. Sheldon was fine I guess. 

I do enjoy not having to surrender a 1st. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Mercilius will probably have an 8-10 sack season. Watt will still put up numbers that get him in th DPOY conversation. Watson will still throw for 4,500 and 30+ TDs, Hopkins will grab 100+ for 1,500 and double digits in TD. The team will still win the division, and get mud-stomped in their own house vs a #5 or #6 seed. 

I am done because of BOB. Because he's got a talented nucleus but is holding it back. And he's showing no sign of really changing that.

Oh boo hoo. You're team may still make the playoffs for the 4th time in ~6 years. My team has made the playoffs 4 times since 2001. Browns fans have gone 0-16 and made every dumb decision possible. They had hue Jackson, who is worse than bill. 

You're mad/upset and I get that, but week 1 is literally next week. Give it another season. Clowney wasn't playing for you this year anyways. 

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

Oh boo hoo. You're team may still make the playoffs for the 4th time in ~6 years. My team has made the playoffs 4 times since 2001. Browns fans have gone 0-16 and made every dumb decision possible. They had hue Jackson, who is worse than bill. 

You're mad/upset and I get that, but week 1 is literally next week. Give it another season. Clowney wasn't playing for you this year anyways. 

Yeah, I'm not happy or satisfied with being average. Being one of twelve teams to play more than 16 games in a season isn't a reason to be complacent with the efforts.

When a flaw is so obvious but you know nothing will be done about that flaw, you'll get really frustrated. The Texans will still be one of the most valuable franchises in the NFL, so Cal has zero incentive to change anything, he's still going to pocket his millions in ticket and jersey sales.

This isn't just a single reaction to a move in a vacuum - this is a situation that is progressively getting worse since 2015. That's not the direction you want to see your team going.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, I'm not happy or satisfied with being average. Being one of twelve teams to play more than 16 games in a season isn't a reason to be complacent with the efforts.

When a flaw is so obvious but you know nothing will be done about that flaw, you'll get really frustrated. The Texans will still be one of the most valuable franchises in the NFL, so Cal has zero incentive to change anything, he's still going to pocket his millions in ticket and jersey sales.

This isn't just a single reaction to a move in a vacuum - this is a situation that is progressively getting worse since 2015. That's not the direction you want to see your team going.

I get that Bill O'Brien is the common denominator but did he make final say when Rick Smith was there in your opinion?

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is this anything to consider regarding Clowney?

I don't think so - if Clowney walks next off-season, they're probably going to recoup that 3rd round pick via comp pick in 2021. Mingo and Martin are guys they were going to cut anyways, so that's nothing of note. 

Seattle could franchise Clowney next season and do like they did with Frank Clark - move him right before the draft for a 1st round pick. Or, they can negotiate a contract with Clowney. 

Seattle comes out of this smelling like a rose.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I don't think so - if Clowney walks next off-season, they're probably going to recoup that 3rd round pick via comp pick in 2021. Mingo and Martin are guys they were going to cut anyways, so that's nothing of note. 

Seattle could franchise Clowney next season and do like they did with Frank Clark - move him right before the draft for a 1st round pick. Or, they can negotiate a contract with Clowney. 

Seattle comes out of this smelling like a rose.

Sorry, buddy.  :(

• Like 1

Just now, thebestever6 said:

I get that Bill O'Brien is the common denominator but did he make final say when Rick Smith was there in your opinion?

There was a ton of friction between the two. I had always figured the issues were with Smith, simply because we saw his failures when Gary Kubiak was HC.

Smith was the lesser of two evils, it seems.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is this anything to consider regarding Clowney?

That is a horrible take and whoever wrote that should get fired 

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Youre like the kid complaining that his prom date didn't blow him when the rest of us are sitting here with our cousin. 

I would kill to make the playoffs this year 

The niners have terrible ownership, and are raking in the cash after they moved to the new, crappy stadium that is too hot and filled with corporate techies who don't care about football. We've been horrible for my entire life. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

@ET80 Mike Clay is currently making the argument on Twitter that signing Matt Kalil improved your OL. What even is this?

Mike Clay? Never heard of her.

Matt Kalil is the worst player in the NFL. I have absolutely no question on that, he's absolute trash. This being said, he's not wrong - because the Texans OL was a complete mess before Kalil arrived. Now, it's less of a mess... but still a mess.

• Like 1