What is AJ Green worth?

Johnny Nix

Although unlikely to happen, I would be curious to know everybody’s thoughts on what AJ Green would be worth to trade for. While still an elite talent, he has had more injuries lately, but should be back around week 3/4. 

Would you trade picks? Players?

I think the only player for player trade that comes to mind would be with Washington for Trent Williams. 

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Simple answer.  he's worth more to us than he would bring back in a trade.

I think people tend to gloss over this. I'm currently dealing with this and Jadevion Clowney - people think if there's enough roster fodder and non-1st round picks tossed up, it suddenly makes up for the loss of an impact player. 

As far as this question - if the Texans had a significant need for a WR, I'd probably look to package a few 3rd round selections along with a future pick (contingent on performance marks being met).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Kind of hard to argue he'd bring more than the 3rd & 5 Antonio Brown went for.  

Brown had other issues that depressed his value.  I don't know that it's necessarily a comparable trade. Lets remember, Brown garnered precisely a 5th round pick more than Golden Tate  got for the Lions for a half season's worth of games. Green has his own issues of course (can't stay healthy), and that would potentially impact his return, but if he's fully healthy and productive at the deadline, I don't know that teams will put a ton of emphasis on that for the remainder of the season. 

11 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

It's all about what one team is willing to pay. I'd put a 2nd round tag on him without thinking twice.

If you're the Pats, I think that is an easily doable deal and makes sense for both teams (if the Bengals don't think that he will be back, which I don't think is the case, but that entire thing is a slightly different conversation). The Pats are going to have 6 picks i think in the first three rounds next year? (4 thirds, I think with the two comp picks?). A late second for AJ Green and a chance to win the SB is an easily digestible cost to acquire him given that stockpile of ammo in my opinion.