Add/Drop thread

holt_bruce81

My 12-team big money league team (the team i care about the most) is solid enough to make the playoffs (4 teams make it) 

QB: Dak Preskott 
RB: Dalvin Cook
RB: Chris Thompson (this week)
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Keenan Allen
TE: OJ Howard
Flex: Brandin Cooks
DST: Chargers
K: Justin Tucker

Bench:
Terry McLaurin WR
Marques Valdez-Scantling WR
Matt Breida RB
James White RB
Alexander Mattison RB
Darwin Thompson RB 

I think it's really strong the only real concern I have is the TE position, I hate OJ Howard in my lineup. But there's like 3 TEs that have been good this year and after that it's pretty much a crap-shoot. I guess my long-drawn out question is.....Should I add a TE to my roster? I mean 3 of them have been productive and 17 of them are owned...so the TE field is bare on the wire.....but guys like Noah Fant and Dawson Knox are guys that somewhat interest me.  Just looking for some consistency at the position. 

Would you drop Darwin Thompson for any of these guys...

Jack Doyle
Trey Burton
Noah Fant
Gerald Everett 
Jimmy Graham
Jordan Aikins
Dawson Knox
Tyler Eifert 

35 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

My 12-team big money league team (the team i care about the most) is solid enough to make the playoffs (4 teams make it) 

QB: Dak Preskott 
RB: Dalvin Cook
RB: Chris Thompson (this week)
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Keenan Allen
TE: OJ Howard
Flex: Brandin Cooks
DST: Chargers
K: Justin Tucker

Bench:
Terry McLaurin WR
Marques Valdez-Scantling WR
Matt Breida RB
James White RB
Alexander Mattison RB
Darwin Thompson RB 

I think it's really strong the only real concern I have is the TE position, I hate OJ Howard in my lineup. But there's like 3 TEs that have been good this year and after that it's pretty much a crap-shoot. I guess my long-drawn out question is.....Should I add a TE to my roster? I mean 3 of them have been productive and 17 of them are owned...so the TE field is bare on the wire.....but guys like Noah Fant and Dawson Knox are guys that somewhat interest me.  Just looking for some consistency at the position. 

Would you drop Darwin Thompson for any of these guys...

Jack Doyle
Trey Burton
Noah Fant
Gerald Everett 
Jimmy Graham
Jordan Aikins
Dawson Knox
Tyler Eifert 

Uch. I honestly don't think so. Much like RB, TE is a barren wasteland this year unless you have Kelce or Engram.

I'm gonna keep throwing OJ in there hoping something sticks. 

• Like 1

Would you drop Ross if? 

Ross last two games have been stinkers. He got a garbage TD week 2 or else he was shut down. Week 3 was bad. AJ will likely be back in October, Bengals haven’t scored 20 points in any games.

Dorsett- great chemistry with Brady. No Gronk so more 3 wr sets. Run game hasn’t been working.

Preston Williams- Looks like the Dolphins number 1. 6’5 freak of nature who will get targets. Dolphins will be playing catch up most of the season. Dolphins have no run game. Rosen has chemistry with him

So I lost Barkley so I've been looking for a fill-in starter this week with Breida on a bye. My pickings were crazy slim so I just went with Darren Sproles due to the "who knows who the hell is going to be on the field for the Eagles at RB" conundrum. I have Marlon Mack as my other RB. This is what I was looking at considering the top waiver spot took Gallman.

Darren Sproles
Ito Smith (concussion issues otherwise he was the clear cut guy)
Nyheim Hynes (already have Mack so starting 2 Colts RBs?)
Ty Johnson
Elijhaa Penny (fullback)
Kalen Ballage
Dion Lewis
Jalen Richard
Jaylen Samuels
Tony Pollard
Chase Edmonds
JD McKissic
CJ Prosise
Dare Ogunbowale
Mike Davis

So, yeah, I'm thinking Sproles is the guy to go with considering Smith's concussion and uncertainty this weekend.

EDIT - NVM, thought about it more and just decided to roster Tony Pollard. Worse comes to worst, I get nothing out of him, which I expected going into this week lol. Just gonna roster Pollard for the upside play, in case Zeke goes down.

Edited by beekay414

On 9/25/2019 at 6:41 AM, Humble_Beast said:

Preston Williams anyone??? 

Dolphins number 1, high school teammates with Rosen. Dolphins will be losing most games, so a negative gamescript. Williams being slept on?

Yes, I'm trying to do a 2-1 trade just so I can add him lol

Failing real bad tho. 

55 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yes, I'm trying to do a 2-1 trade just so I can add him lol

Failing real bad tho. 

Somebody dropped Michael Gallup, and Williams is out there floating around too, so I've been trying to kick those type of deals around as well. Problem is that i can't get anyone to bite. Everyone is just so comfortable with their receivers that it's hard to package two mid tier guys for any sort of upgrade just to create a roster spot. 

3 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Apparently McLaurin is dealing with a hamstring issue, if he can't go on Sunday, who's the better play...

Preston Williams vs Chargers 

or

Paul Richardson @ Giants 

I saw that....I'm super annoyed. Id' probably roll with Richardson, to be honest. 

28 minutes ago, Dph6187 said:

Duke johnson worth dropping for any of these?

12 team half point PPR 

R jones II

T. Pollard

G.edwards 

K. Stills

Diontae johnson

A. Humphries

T. Quinn

T. Gabriel

I really don't care to have Duke Johnson on the team at this point, but I'll be honest that none of these guys excite me. Humphries plays in a bad passing offense and .5 ppr cuts into his value. Quinn is a lesser version of even that. Gabriel is make or break game in and out, and I'm not banking on repeat performances. Besides, that offense in the passing game hasn't been great, and he's not exactly option 1 or 2 in that offense in my opinion. 

Johnson is sort of a flier-ish play. Obviously had the big TD against the 49ers, but I assumed it would be James Washington who was the benefactor in that offense now. That being said, that offense scares me right now. Mason Rudolph averaged like 2 air yards per attempt in that game against the 49ers. Was really brutal. 

The only guys that I'm somewhat interested in on this list are the running backs. Jones seems like he's perpetually about to break out, but he's always going to have to contend with Barber. That's going to be a multiweek thing before he could just grab the primary back role. But the talent has been there. So he's an interesting upside play (definitely more so than Duke, tbh). Edwards is obviously hindered by Ingram, who also grabs all the goal line work, but he works really well in that scheme, and though his value is largely handcuffy, I'd certainly be interested. 

9 hours ago, Forge said:

I really don't care to have Duke Johnson on the team at this point, but I'll be honest that none of these guys excite me. Humphries plays in a bad passing offense and .5 ppr cuts into his value. Quinn is a lesser version of even that. Gabriel is make or break game in and out, and I'm not banking on repeat performances. Besides, that offense in the passing game hasn't been great, and he's not exactly option 1 or 2 in that offense in my opinion. 

Johnson is sort of a flier-ish play. Obviously had the big TD against the 49ers, but I assumed it would be James Washington who was the benefactor in that offense now. That being said, that offense scares me right now. Mason Rudolph averaged like 2 air yards per attempt in that game against the 49ers. Was really brutal. 

The only guys that I'm somewhat interested in on this list are the running backs. Jones seems like he's perpetually about to break out, but he's always going to have to contend with Barber. That's going to be a multiweek thing before he could just grab the primary back role. But the talent has been there. So he's an interesting upside play (definitely more so than Duke, tbh). Edwards is obviously hindered by Ingram, who also grabs all the goal line work, but he works really well in that scheme, and though his value is largely handcuffy, I'd certainly be interested. 

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it

• Like 1