Freddie being Freddie

brooks1957

I think we FINALLY.....FINALLY have the right man at the controls.....

Not bad that's he's the next "young genius play-caller..."....think Sean McVay with more pedigree....

While our coach is a pure Alabama guy, make no mistake about it his Pedigree is second to none.....

Played 4 years at a major College for the Great Gene Stallings a great college coach and a direct offshoot of Bear Bryant.

Paid his college dues...working for Nick Saban at LSU and then sending two RB's to the NFL from North Texas, before going to work for the first African American Head Football caoch in the SEC in his inaugural season under Sylvester Croom.

Then made the jump to the NFL and coached for Bill Parcells as a position coach TE's, then he coached RB's, QB's and TE's under Ken Whizenhunt and Bruce Arians.

So the kid from Gadsden Alabama, son of a Tire maker, has paid his dues.....Freddie is Steady and Ready.....

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I think we FINALLY.....FINALLY have the right man at the controls.....

Not bad that's he's the next "young genius play-caller..."....think Sean McVay with more pedigree....

While our coach is a pure Alabama guy, make no mistake about it his Pedigree is second to none.....

Played 4 years at a major College for the Great Gene Stallings a great college coach and a direct offshoot of Bear Bryant.

Paid his college dues...working for Nick Saban at LSU and then sending two RB's to the NFL from North Texas, before going to work for the first African American Head Football caoch in the SEC in his inaugural season under Sylvester Croom.

Then made the jump to the NFL and coached for Bill Parcells as a position coach TE's, then he coached RB's, QB's and TE's under Ken Whizenhunt and Bruce Arians.

So the kid from Gadsden Alabama, son of a Tire maker, has paid his dues.....Freddie is Steady and Ready.....

Bingo, Bango, Bungo - U are DA MAN, Dawg LB.

Seeing his dad build tires - oof - that is a physical, physical job. No sense of entitlement there.

Then the litany of coaching associates - that's a who's who of the greatest coaches. One thing to remember about Whisenhunt. Before he was out in SD and TEN, he was the long time Steeler OC. We hate to admit it, but they know a thing or two about winning titles.

I willed be SHOCKED to my toenails if Freddie is not HIGHLY successful in The Land.

Edited by brooks1957

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I LOVE THIS MAN!

The way he goes out of his way to connect to the players is pretty amazing. If that is who he truly is. The players will buy in (seems like everyone is bought it) and play damn hard for Freddie. Prolly why we haven’t heard any issues or griping even tho the Browns ran a pretty tough practice wise training camp. 

If this all translates to success on the field, it will be huge for FAs because they will believe what freddie tells them during FA visits and be big during the UDFA aspect of the draft

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

That’s cool.

That’s gotta be one of the hardest parts of the job. You’re basically firing 50 guys.

Some are prolly pretty easy, more than a few guys knew they were long shots at best to begin with, but there will be some tough ones for sure.

Props to Freddie for rolling up his sleeves and helping with the dirty work.  Says a lot about him as a man iyam.

11 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think if Freddie cut me I would ask him if I was still allowed to wear brown and orange and to be relevant on this earth. 

Never really looked at it like that.

Maybe Freddie is just a savage and wants to let each of these dudes know in person that they no longer matter?

Damn Freddie....

• Like 1