Texans trade DE Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle for Barkevious Mingo

Steelersfan43

Just now, ET80 said:
2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Also, with a healthy Andrew Luck and a good supporting cast, it's not like the Texans had a chance to be all that relevant anyway. No real opportunity missed.

This is what makes it worse. Even with this disaster, he's STILL gonna go 9-7, win a division and lose a home playoff game by 40. 

Then, he will get another extension that his buddy Caserio will give to him before going back to New England. 

To be precise, the Saturday 3 PM Wild Card game. Likely against the Bengals.

• Like 1

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

To be precise, the Saturday 3 PM Wild Card game. Likely against the Bengals.

Nah, won't be the Bengals. It's the Chargers this time. We actually beat Andy Dalton every single time. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

FWIW, the guy posting does legitimately cover sports for the Miami Herald. Have no idea how reliable he is or has been in the past, if he actually has any insider knowledge, etc. Here is a snip from the article where he mentions this: 

Barry Jackson is as legit as they come in regards to Dolphins rumours. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SkippyX said:

I lived near DC for 8 years of Snyder/Vinny. It is worse than you could possibly imagine.

• Spurrier flapping his lips in futility on MNF at his NFL Shane Matthews/Danny Awful offense
  • McNabb as a DC QB
  • Paying Marty 10 million for 1 year as a bad bet after he insulted Snyder on ESPN
  • Making it illegal to cross the street to the stadium parking lot
  • Ripping out comfortable seats to put in more smaller seats
  • Turning a 20k+ waiting list into a 1/4 empty stadium in 20 years
  • Haynesworth and Archuletta
  • Jeff George forced on Norv Turner
  • Actual DC defensive players crying about how mean the Patriots were for trying to score more points on them
  • bribing native Americans to say they love his team name
  • 2013 Costa Rica Cheerleader episode

Lots of DC fans are great football fans who have no choice but to boycott supporting Snyder in any way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/a-once-proud-franchise-the-redskins-are-showing-signs-of-foundational-cracks/2018/12/29/c5194e90-0b8d-11e9-85b6-41c0fe0c5b8f_story.html

That's only a small fraction too ...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is what makes it worse. Even with this disaster, he's STILL gonna go 9-7, win a division and lose a home playoff game by 40. 

Then, he will get another extension that his buddy Caserio will give to him before going back to New England. 

First 6-10 team (all 6 wins are against the division of course) to make playoffs confirmed.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Seriously, Clowney AND A FIRST!? WHAT THE ACTUAL WHAT!?

THIS ISN'T HAPPENING! THIS IS ALL A BAD DREAM! NO, THIS ISN'T REAL LIFE, YOU DON'T KNOW REAL LIFE! I DIED! THAT'S THE ONLY SOLUTION, I MUST HAVE DIED! I SLIPPED AND FELL AND HIT MY HEAD ON DRAFT NIGHT, RIGHT BEFORE THE EAGLES TRADED UP! I MUST BE DEAD!

I'M IN HELL! I'M IN HELL AND IT BURNS!

Is this a good time to remind you that if the trade goes through, it's like you gave up more than Clowney and a first for Tunsil, since that is maybe why the deal hasn't gotten done and Miami is holding out for more? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Is this a good time to remind you that if the trade goes through, it's like you gave up more than Clowney and a first for Tunsil, since that is maybe why the deal hasn't gotten done and Miami is holding out for more? 

No. It is NOT a good time to remind me of that.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

Clowney could be the only reason it’s held up if it’s true...he can control where he goes to a certain degree.

Miami can’t push too much more

Just now, I <3 Faulk said:

Watt was finally healthy again last year, but if he goes down this year, do the Texans have the talent on defense without Watt and Clowney? If that happens will Watson have to throw up 30+ a game?

Maybe, but that's kind of the case with a lot of teams. I mean, what happens to the Rams if Donald goes down? Do they have the talent on defense or do they have to put up 30+ per game? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe, but that's kind of the case with a lot of teams. I mean, what happens to the Rams if Donald goes down? Do they have the talent on defense or do they have to put up 30+ per game? 

I think so. The Rams are by no means a defensive powerhouse, but I believe we have one of the best secondaries in the business when healthy. 

I get what you're saying, but the Rams have to worry about putting up more than 3 a game at this point.