Browns trade for OL Wyatt teller

sdrawkcab321

3 hours ago, shoffma1999 said:

I get the sense that they are really grooming Corbett for the Center role next year and all the other work at other positions was simply for depth purposes and so he has a better understanding of those roles when he starts making protection calls at Center. I will be surprised if he's not starting there next year. That said, maybe he's just not there and we cut him and resign Tretter. It will be interesting to see it play out.

No chance that was the plan all along.. but that could still come to fruition. You don't draft an interior lineman in the second round to develop him for this long. Especially when it's not like he's sitting behind elite players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Why would Buffalo trade a 2nd year guard for a 5/6 if he’s a decent starter though? I don’t get that. 

He's not starting for them anymore.  They invested pretty heavily in their O-line, and Teller became expendable.

A bit of an overpay by us honestly.  But if he's a serviceable starter, it's worth it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Why would Buffalo trade a 2nd year guard for a 5/6 if he’s a decent starter though? I don’t get that. 

Because they have a stacked OL and he was expendable.  They likely wouldn't have cut him, but he was the only one they had that people would trade assets for vs waiting for them to cut the rest and claim them on waivers.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

A bit of an overpay by us honestly.  But if he's a serviceable starter, it's worth it.

Nah.  From the film Ive watched this morning, he will be a good replacement for Zeitler....not an as good replacement, but definitely a good replacement.  Maybe with some more development he can be.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

He's not starting for them anymore.  They invested pretty heavily in their O-line, and Teller became expendable.

This.

8 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Yeah I think it points to their level of concern as well.  Obviously they don’t feel great about OG Kush, et all.