The NY Barkley's @ Dallas Pollards

Matts4313

Who is the starting RT for the Giants, again?

Lawrence won’t play at all during the preseason, but he doesn’t think that’ll hinder him for the regular season. “What does that have to do with it?” Lawrence said, via Charean Williams of ProFootballTalk.com.

“It’s good for the team, understanding the pieces you need to work on as a coaching staff. That’s not my line of work, but it’s just good for younger players that haven’t been into the NFL yet. This is my sixth year, I’ve played a lot of games, so I should know what I’m preparing for mentally and physically. I don’t need preseason,” he explained.

“Our job is to play one-gap defense and get to the quarterback each and every play and stop the run on the way to the quarterback,” said defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, who missed the preseason after having shoulder surgery. He wasn’t sure whether he’d be ready for Week 1. “Through the grace of God and this training staff helping me get ready for this season. I’m truly blessed to be ready to have this opportunity to go out here in Week 1 and cause some havoc.”

“You all forget I played two seasons with a torn labrum,’’ Lawrence said. “It really wasn’t about how ready the arm was going to be. I know I’m ready mentally and physically.

“You only need one arm to beat two.’’

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/08/22/you-only-need-one-arm-to-beat-two-cowboys-de-demarcus-lawrence-says-he-s-on-track-for-week-1-return/

I wish Quinn were here :(

Instead it's probably going to be Crawford on the other side of Law, with Taco/Armstrong behind them.

Lawrence was ~30 pounds shy in the weight room from where he was pre surgery, a little over 2 weeks ago. I doubt he is full 100%, and I bet he'll be monitored closely.

9 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Instead it's probably going to be Crawford on the other side of Law, with Taco/Armstrong behind them.

Lawrence was ~30 pounds shy in the weight room from where he was pre surgery, a little over 2 weeks ago. I doubt he is full 100%, and I bet he'll be monitored closely.

well we have some depth, let's see it work... Let's go Boyyyss.. just 2 days away...

• Like 1

I am hoping Taco will come out game 1 with the urgency we say in preseason or until Quinn comes back

edit.    In side note this is a must win game for me.  I have faith in the team but part if that faith is that they win ALL the winnable games 

Edited by quiller

12 minutes ago, quiller said:

I am hoping Taco will come out game 1 with the urgency we say in preseason or until Quinn comes back

edit.    In side note this is a must win game for me.  I have faith in the team but part if that faith is that they win ALL the winnable games 

Sweeping the Giants, and Skins, while splitting with the Eagles would be great.

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

30 pounds?! Wow, I didn’t hear that.

"Lawrence hasn’t regained the strength he had before the surgery. He’s still about 30 pounds shy in the weight room. After he went through the individual periods of Monday’s practice, Marinelli noticed his pad level was a little high.

That happens to all linemen after a layoff.

Lawrence knows what he must work on over the next 18 days to prepare for the opener."

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/08/22/you-only-need-one-arm-to-beat-two-cowboys-de-demarcus-lawrence-says-he-s-on-track-for-week-1-return/

So that was 16 days ago.

• Like 1