Start/Sit and Weekly Lineup Help

11sanchez11

5 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

SF Defense has been pretty shut down against QBs. Combine that with Brees not looking good and missing part of his OL? Yeah I'd fade him for someone else. Top streaming options for Week 14 IMO:

Tannehill @ OAK

Fitzpatrick @ NYJ

Brisett @ TB

Now each has his warts. Tannehill might not attempt more than 25 passes, but he goes against a Pass D that isn't good. The Raiders run D is formidable and maybe we see Tannehill control the game more. Fitz faces a pass D that can be hurt there. Has no real rushing threat (Laird is a nice PPR option though) and will usually be in a negative game script. I can see him attempting 35 passes on Sunday easily. Lastly Jacoby gets a cake D that can be thrown at on will. They are a pass funnel and while the Colts do love to run the ball, I could see Jacoby throwing a few TDs as long as Hilton is healthy and ok. 

Tannehill was picked up last week.

Yeah, I just feel like there could be some buyer's remorse with Fitz and Brissett but as you mentioned, if Hilton plays then I MAY pick him up and start him. 

As long as this guy in my league doesn't score 15 more points than me this week, I'll make the playoffs in my buddies league. And 15 points isn't a lot, so I'm kind of scared. 

Here's the lineup I'm rolling with...

QB: Dak Prescott
RB: Dalvin Cook
RB: James White
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: Keenan Allen
TE: Darren Waller
Flex: Michael Gallup
DST: Saints
K: Justin Tucker 

Bench:
Ryan Tannehill 
Alexander Mattison
Terry McLaurin
Marlon Mack
Damien Williams
Eagles DST 

Will probably drop the Eagles defense for a WR. Pascal and James Washington would be my top 2 choices. Would you play any over Gallup this week? Gallup has Chicago this week and Pascal has the terrible Bucs secondary and Washington plays the terrible Cardinals secondary. 

Also...

Dak Prescott @ Chicago 

or

Ryan Tannehill @ Oakland

Might be leaning Tannehill here, I feel like he has a higher floor this week. 

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

As long as this guy in my league doesn't score 15 more points than me this week, I'll make the playoffs in my buddies league. And 15 points isn't a lot, so I'm kind of scared. 

Bench:
Ryan Tannehill 
Alexander Mattison
Terry McLaurin
Marlon Mack
Damien Williams
Eagles DST 

Will probably drop the Eagles defense for a WR. Pascal and James Washington would be my top 2 choices. Would you play any over Gallup this week? Gallup has Chicago this week and Pascal has the terrible Bucs secondary and Washington plays the terrible Cardinals secondary. 

Also...

Dak Prescott @ Chicago 

or

Ryan Tannehill @ Oakland

Why play the Saints D over the Eagles? Eagles are facing off against Danny Drops and his amazing # of fumbles. 

As far as starting someone over Gallup,  you can definitely do that. I don't know if I want to put my trust in Duck to get Washington the ball though especially because all this damage has come with Juju out. Once Juju is back in, how does that affect Washington's play time? Is he starting over Dionte? Pascal would be my choice though over Pascal has the higher floor over Gallup as long as TY is out. 

10 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Why play the Saints D over the Eagles? Eagles are facing off against Danny Drops and his amazing # of fumbles. 

As far as starting someone over Gallup,  you can definitely do that. I don't know if I want to put my trust in Duck to get Washington the ball though especially because all this damage has come with Juju out. Once Juju is back in, how does that affect Washington's play time? Is he starting over Dionte? Pascal would be my choice though over Pascal has the higher floor over Gallup as long as TY is out. 

Eagles defense laid a egg last week. They were trash. Saints Defense I at least feel will get me 8-10 points in my leagues format. 

4 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Eagles defense laid a egg last week. They were trash. Saints Defense I at least feel will get me 8-10 points in my leagues format. 

Saints defense faces a tough matchup. So I'd just be weary. 9ers aren't an offense that gives up a ton of points to opposing defenses. The Giants on the other hand...

BTW just saw JuJu should be out this week. That does make me feel way better about Washington. I'd still probably go Pascal if its PPR. 

Am I crazy for sitting Tyreek Hill this week? Ppr league and I need two WRs and a flex. 

Tyreek Hill vs NE

Courtland Sutton vs Houston
Chris Godwin vs Indy

James White vs KC

Kenyan Drake vs Pit

Thinking about Sutton/Godwin/White 

feel like Billy B will negate Hill and he hasn’t exactly been lighting it up either. 

4 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Bench:
Ryan Tannehill 
Alexander Mattison
Terry McLaurin
Marlon Mack
Damien Williams
Eagles DST 

Also...

Dak Prescott @ Chicago 

or

Ryan Tannehill @ Oakland

I THINK I might lean Tannehill. I hate TNF so that's my tie breaker but I can see Dak having a solid day.

I think I would playing Washington over Gallup.

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Am I crazy for sitting Tyreek Hill this week? Ppr league and I need two WRs and a flex. 

Tyreek Hill vs NE

Courtland Sutton vs Houston
Chris Godwin vs Indy

James White vs KC

Kenyan Drake vs Pit

Thinking about Sutton/Godwin/White 

feel like Billy B will negate Hill and he hasn’t exactly been lighting it up either. 

Historically Hill has played NE three games. He boomed the first two times before getting stopped last year in the AFCG.

This is an interesting one for me. I think you do have to flex White. Sutton is pretty much Matchup/QB proof. Godwin can go off at anytime. So I think you'll be ok sitting Hill.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I THINK I might lean Tannehill. I hate TNF so that's my tie breaker but I can see Dak having a solid day.

I think I would playing Washington over Gallup.

I have a fear of starting Dak on Thursday night and him getting like 13 points and me having to stare at that for 3 days. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 12:25 PM, MightyMouse07 said:

SF Defense has been pretty shut down against QBs. Combine that with Brees not looking good and missing part of his OL? Yeah I'd fade him for someone else. Top streaming options for Week 14 IMO:

Tannehill @ OAK

Fitzpatrick @ NYJ

Brisett @ TB

Now each has his warts. Tannehill might not attempt more than 25 passes, but he goes against a Pass D that isn't good. The Raiders run D is formidable and maybe we see Tannehill control the game more. Fitz faces a pass D that can be hurt there. Has no real rushing threat (Laird is a nice PPR option though) and will usually be in a negative game script. I can see him attempting 35 passes on Sunday easily. Lastly Jacoby gets a cake D that can be thrown at on will. They are a pass funnel and while the Colts do love to run the ball, I could see Jacoby throwing a few TDs as long as Hilton is healthy and ok. 

Worth noting on this as well, the Jets will be without Jamal Adams, so that's another tick in Fitz's column.  Tampa has actually improved enough the last couple weeks enough for, among the three, me to fade Jacoby.  Depending on my roster construction and matchup, I'd probably play Fitz for the ceiling and Tannehill for the floor (he's been incredibly consistent - last week was the first time since he's been starting he didn't post 15 points or more in standard scoring... and I chalk that up more to game script than anything else - the defensive score for Tennessee shifted some things - and it being the one week he hasn't provided points via rushing yards, too).

10 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I know the feeling. Brees underachieved last Thursday and here I was on break just thinking oh boy...

The thing that scares me (probably more than it should) about Brees this week is that we know damn well Payton is going to try and get cute as some point with Taysom Hill.  And given that the games where the Niners defense actually looked vulnerable were against Kyler.  Depending on the result of those first several "prods" of trying to do some damage with Tayson go, I can see another similar such situation to Thanksgiving where whenever they get inside the SF 20 or 30, here comes Hill to steal scoring opportunities away from Brees.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

The thing that scares me (probably more than it should) about Brees this week is that we know damn well Payton is going to try and get cute as some point with Taysom Hill.  And given that the games where the Niners defense actually looked vulnerable were against Kyler.  Depending on the result of those first several "prods" of trying to do some damage with Tayson go, I can see another similar such situation to Thanksgiving where whenever they get inside the SF 20 or 30, here comes Hill to steal scoring opportunities away from Brees.

I'm sitting here at my desk looking at the potential QBs I could play over Brees this week. Tannehill, Fitzmagic, Brissett and Mayfield. I just don't know if I feel confident enough in any of those to start them over Brees even in a tough  matchup

52 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I'm sitting here at my desk looking at the potential QBs I could play over Brees this week. Tannehill, Fitzmagic, Brissett and Mayfield. I just don't know if I feel confident enough in any of those to start them over Brees even in a tough  matchup

I have the same problem. I picked up Tannehill but it just doesnt feel right playing him over Brees. The Saints being at home makes it tough. 

Edited by VIKINGS101011
  • Like 2