Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

Not sure he would make it there with his ability and versatility. Hasn’t quite shown but IMO it’s worth the wait and see. 

He looked lousy in the preseason games, and a whole bunch of people probably have no interest in a guard with no real drive skills. That's before we get into all the rock brained football guys who will take his year off as a sign of not being committed. 

• Like 1

Alex Light is working himself into the conversation of heir apparent to Bulaga. He was high upside redshirted last year. This year he took that second year leap and became our top backup tackle. Next year cheap starter at RT??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Get he was Gute's guy, but he was at best our 10th best lineman in the PS games. 

I thought they would be able to cut him and have him do them a solid and join the practice squad.  The Packers stuck by him during his tough times and all.  Perhaps they felt he would be claimed?

• Like 1

Just now, boratt said:

Alex Light is working himself into the conversation of heir apparent to Bulaga. He was high upside redshirted last year. This year he took that second year leap and became our top backup tackle. Next year cheap starter at RT??

A very pleasant surprise. He looked rock solid out there. 

• Like 1

Just now, boratt said:

No, he's not close to being talented enough to start at a premium.

It's 4:35 PM ET on Saturday before the Bears game and I'm starting to get worried Gute is actually serious about going into the season with this ILB group: Martinez, Burks (out), Bolton (out for longer), Summers, Crawford. I keep telling myself Gute can't be serious and move is coming. I'm starting to get scared....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I thought they would be able to cut him and have him do them a solid and join the practice squad.  The Packers stuck by him during his tough times and all.  Perhaps they felt he would be claimed?

Hard to say for certain, but he looked JAG like for much of the preseason.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He looked lousy in the preseason games, and a whole bunch of people probably have no interest in a guard with no real drive skills. That's before we get into all the rock brained football guys who will take his year off as a sign of not being committed. 

I totally get that maybe I’m just hoping for the best and still seeing the guy we picked and not what’s on the field. A guy like that deserves a chance if not with us with someone else.