Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

Just now, ReadyToThump said:

I'm just saying, there's gotta be plenty of other options out there to replace him. Am I wrong? 

Not at all.

45 Crawford's made NFL team's today and 45 Crawford's got cut. ST bodies are extremely replaceable. 

But why stress yourself out trying to replace one if you've already got one?

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

It's 4:35 PM ET on Saturday before the Bears game and I'm starting to get worried Gute is actually serious about going into the season with this ILB group: Martinez, Burks (out), Bolton (out for longer), Summers, Crawford. I keep telling myself Gute can't be serious and move is coming. I'm starting to get scared....

I hate our ILB group. Expect Greene to be getting in the mix there, a lot. 

• Like 1

It's 4:35 PM ET on Saturday before the Bears game and I'm starting to get worried Gute is actually serious about going into the season with this ILB group: Martinez, Burks (out), Bolton (out for longer), Summers, Crawford. I keep telling myself Gute can't be serious and move is coming. I'm starting to get scared....

I think it highly likely someone is added at ILB in the next day or few.  If not, we have options and one of them is scheme.  Greene, Gary, P Smith, Fackrell in certain situations?   I think we will see any number of possibilities but as long as Martinez is healthy it doesn't matter as much as many think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

I hate our ILB group. Expect Greene to be getting in the mix there, a lot. 

I get that, but the guy is a freaking safety. He's not a LB. We need to stop this square peg, round hole BS. Sign a damn LB. If you want to use Greene in that dime role too, great. He's going to get steam-rolled in the run game. 

Edited by packfanfb

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Just wanna do a quick roll call to all the anti-Kumerow hipsters. 

Its just as bad to dislike someone just because everyone else does as it is having blind loyalty to someone / have unrealistic expectations.

Kumerow on the 53 was a given. 

Nobody thought he was getting cut. So shush.

People sure love taking credit for **** that basically everyone agreed upon and act like they were the only ones that saw it that way.

• Like 1

Just now, packfanfb said:

I get that, but the guy is a freaking safety. He's not a LB. We need to stop this square peg, round hold BS. Sign a damn LB. If you want to use Greene in that dime role too, great. He's going to get steam-rolled in the run game. 

Not disagreeing with you there one bit. 

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Just wanna do a quick roll call to all the anti-Kumerow hipsters. 

Its just as bad to dislike someone just because everyone else does as it is having blind loyalty to someone / have unrealistic expectations.

Kumerow on the 53 was a given. 

The #4 receiver that Kumerow was competing against is starting the year on IR. Kumerown on the 53 was not remotely a given. 

I get that, but the guy is a freaking safety. He's not a LB. We need to stop this square peg, round hole BS. Sign a damn LB. If you want to use Greene in that dime role too, great. He's going to get steam-rolled in the run game. 

I still feel like we're going to claim an ILB and cut Crawford. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cheech said:

So far I'm a bit pissed that Shephard made it over Lazard, but I understand.  I just hope he makes it to the PS.

Also surprised that Crawford made it.  I hope to see a claim on a linebacker tomorrow, because he ain't the answer.

I kind of expected the Packers to flip that pick they go for Gilbert into a linebacker.  Maybe it will still happen.  I'm not surprised with the Shepherd over Lazard deal .. Shepherd offers better special team options.  Davis gets hurt all the time .. Shepherd can return punts.