Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

34 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Uh you asked me nothing. 

Kizer’s footwork, pocket manipulation, and decision making, especially when to tuck it and what read to hit, have all improved. His deep shots all preseason have been on the mark or so the D can’t get it, whereas in 2017 he would chuck it up like Joe Webb in MN. 

Your point has been extremely clear: anything but Kizer regardless of on the field performance.

No way. When the pocket collapses it’s either a scramble or an incompletion. He gets rattled a little and his footwork falls apart.

Both can throw with a clean pocket but so can a ton of other NFL backups. 

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

No way. When the pocket collapses it’s either a scramble or an incompletion. He gets rattled a little and his footwork falls apart.

Both can throw with a clean pocket but so can a ton of other NFL backups. 

Your statement doesn’t disagree with mine; he’s improved from 2017 in this regard. You said it yourself - scramble or incompletion, in 2017 it was interception.

6 hours ago, boratt said:

Kizer played well for the first time yesterday. I thought his mobility gave him an edge over Boyle. But Boyle has been more consistent and definitely looks more in command and under control.

Its close. Kizer for upside, Boyle for steadiness and reliability. 

I don't think either one of them should be Rodgers' backup unfortunately.

• Like 5

Rodgers

Jones Williams Williams

Vitale

Adams MVS Allison Davis

Bakh Taylor Linsley Turner Bulaga Jenkins Light Patrick

Graham Tonyan Sternberger

20 on offense. About 5 more will be kept from the bubble

Bubble guys 

Cole Madison Justin McCray

Shep, Lazard, Kumerow

Tra Carson

Kizer Boyle

Mercedes

Clark Adams Lowry Lancaster Keke

Smith Smith Fackrell Gary

Martinez Burks Summers

Savage Amos Greene

Alexander King Brown Williams Hollman 

20 guys. Maybe 5 to choose from, from the bubble

Bubble guys

Brown, Looney

Redmond, Sullivan, Jackson

Crawford

Ramsey 

Edited by boratt

39 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Seems like there might be about 10 no brainer's left. Then this starts getting difficult.

Jamerson, Ento, Folston, M.Jones, Ramsey, Sagapolu, Bayliss, Nijman, Wilkins, Ford, Moore - Easy Cuts [11]

Redmond, Sullivan, F.Brown, Looney, Summers, Crawford, Bolton, Shepherd, Lazard, EQ, Pankey, McCray, Patrick, Madison, Lewis, Carson, D.Williams, Boyle, Kizer, Crosby, Fricken -  On the bubble [21]

I count 41 roster locks with 12 roster spots remaining.

Out of those 21 players 9 will be cut. Yikes. That will be a tough 9 cuts. It can be made easier by IR some players but by doing so they would be out for the season with no recall.

One smart play could be to cut Lewis. When the 53 is finalised we IR a couple of players and then bring back Lewis. I don't think teams are going to go clamoring for a 35 years old blocking TE off waivers especially considering he barely played last year and this preseason.

Edited by Chili

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I cannot wait until this backup QB talk is over. Either way, Boyle or Kizer we’re screwed so there’s no point talking about it. I’d literally rather talk about the K competition, which has more relevance 

Agree. Over the years management has said they want to follow the Wolf regime and develop young QB's to use as trade bait. However, nobody's developed. Just sign a veteran that can go .500 and call it a day. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silent502 said:

Agree. Over the years management has said they want to follow the Wolf regime and develop young QB's to use as trade bait. However, nobody's developed. Just sign a veteran that can go .500 and call it a day. 

Kizer is 23 and Boyle is 24. Too early to give up on Kizer

18 minutes ago, Silent502 said:

Who?

48 minutes ago, boratt said:

Rodgers

Jones Williams Williams

Vitale

Adams MVS Allison Davis

Bakh Taylor Linsley Turner Bulaga Jenkins Light Patrick

Graham Tonyan Sternberger

20 on offense. About 5 more will be kept from the bubble

Bubble guys 

Cole Madison Justin McCray

Shep, Lazard, Kumerow

Tra Carson

Kizer Boyle

Mercedes

Clark Adams Lowry Lancaster Keke

Smith Smith Fackrell Gary

Martinez Burks Summers

Savage Amos Greene

Alexander King Brown Williams Hollman 

20 guys. Maybe 5 to choose from, from the bubble

Bubble guys

Brown, Looney

Redmond, Sullivan, Jackson

Crawford

Ramsey 

Kumerow and Jackson are on the team, not the bubble. 

45 minutes ago, Chili said:

Jamerson, Ento, Folston, M.Jones, Ramsey, Sagapolu, Bayliss, Nijman, Wilkins, Ford, Moore - Easy Cuts [11]

Redmond, Sullivan, F.Brown, Looney, Summers, Crawford, Bolton, Shepherd, Lazard, EQ, Pankey, McCray, Patrick, Madison, Lewis, Carson, D.Williams, Boyle, Kizer, Crosby, Fricken -  On the bubble [21]

I count 41 roster locks with 12 roster spots remaining.

Out of those 21 players 9 will be cut. Yikes. That will be a tough 9 cuts. It can be made easier by IR some players but by doing so they would be out for the season with no recall.

One smart play could be to cut Lewis. When the 53 is finalised we IR a couple of players and then bring back Lewis. I don't think teams are going to go clamoring for a 35 years old blocking TE off waivers especially considering he barely played last year and this preseason.

I've seen predictions Ramsey is on the roster. Bolton comes down to how severe the injury is, do they just IR him if they like him at all? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Does anyone think Fackrell can play inside linebacker? He Greene could hold down the spot until Burks and Colson are back. That might mean keeping an extra OLB like Ramsey or Jones. 

I think he could. I recall watching his college highlight tape and seeing him drop back into coverage quite often. He's heavier now but i'm sure in a pinch he can play there if needed. Even Clay Matthews did it for us.

• Like 1