Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

1 hour ago, Chili said:

I think he could. I recall watching his college highlight tape and seeing him drop back into coverage quite often. He's heavier now but i'm sure in a pinch he can play there if needed. Even Clay Matthews did it for us.

Fackrell did a decent job last year a few times he was asked to cover. I think he might be OK inside for us. 

1 hour ago, Cheesehawk said:

Kizer is 23 and Boyle is 24. Too early to give up on Kizer

Please defend this in 2 years when he's made improvements, but officially is what he is, and it isn't good. I'll hit you with a "told you so" while waxing eloquent about extrapolation.

Edited by HyponGrey

6 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Kizer career stats: 

W/L 0-15

Comp% 275/518 53.1%

Yards 3081

TD/INT 11/24

Holy **** that's embarrassing. 

Just curious. What where Troy Aikmen's stat his first year and his first two years?  (Just some perspective, I hope Kizer's gone, myself)

1 minute ago, Donzo said:

Just curious. What where Troy Aikmen's stat his first year and his first two years?  (Just some perspective, I hope Kizer's gone, myself)

I had to look them up, pretty ****ty aswell. Takes one resilient person to be able to come back from something like that. Can't say I have that confidence in Kizer. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that's what I remember. Those Cowboy teams where bad those two years. Then they went on their big run.

With that being said, Kizer is no Aikman. I hope the Packers find away to move on from him.

Edited by Donzo

27 minutes ago, green machine said:

year 1: 9 TD, 18 INT, 55.7 rating

year 2: 11 YD, 18 INT, 66.6 rating

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm

You're missing 30 years of context here. 

The average passer rating in 1989 was 75.6

The average passer rating in 2018 was 92.9

Aikman was horrific his first two years, but he was on the scale. In 89 the Cowboys were 3 points of passer rating off of the 2nd worst team that year (Lions)

The Browns were 12 points of passer rating off of the 2nd worst team in 2017 (Denver)

• Like 1