The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

If we can somehow manage to add Kenyan Drake and a veteran WR (Emmanuel Sanders), this team is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. We need to take advantage of how piss poorly some of these franchises are run and add some offensive veteran talent. 

Ya know I feel kinda "iffy" about Sanders coming off an Achilles and all - and doubted the current offensive production would highlight him enough to prove he's past it......but....his stat line thru two games isnt bad......

16 receptions on 20 targets for 184yds (11.5avg)(53long) and 2 TDs.

Not sure why the guys name is even being mentioned though? Is DEN looking to deal their top WR for some reason?

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jalen would probably mean no Bulaga, Graham, Crosby, Martinez or Fackrell and nothing much on the outside FA market. I think we could fit Clark though.

It would make it really tight. I'd only trade for him if I got a confirmation he'd play on the 5th year option (which isn't happening) and I'd let him go. 2 years of Ramsey and a 3rd round comp is worth a 1st to me. He's young though so getting paid > a ring, I doubt he wants to go anywhere that's not giving him a deal this off-season.

Okay Gute.....you can stand down now. Your apprentice has just thrown cold water all over the deal.

@Norm ?  It's off again.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Not sure why the guys name is even being mentioned though? Is DEN looking to deal their top WR for some reason?

He was a potential camp casualty because of his contract and the fact that he's in the last year of his deal. Add on that the Broncos look like they are going to suck, they may be inclined to deal him for draft capital. Highly doubt he signs a contract that'll get them a good comp pick due to his age and the achilles stuff.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

He was a potential camp casualty because of his contract and the fact that he's in the last year of his deal. Add on that the Broncos look like they are going to suck, they may be inclined to deal him for draft capital. Highly doubt he signs a contract that'll get them a good comp pick due to his age and the achilles stuff.

Yeah.....okay, but I dont see them tanking this early and trading off their top WR.

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

To add, they also have Sutton, DeSean Hamilton, Tim Patrick, Jake Butt, and Noah Fant who are all young and could use targets. Sanders is definitely a legit option

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Jalen would probably mean no Bulaga, Graham, Crosby, Martinez or Fackrell and nothing much on the outside FA market. I think we could fit Clark though.

It would make it really tight. I'd only trade for him if I got a confirmation he'd play on the 5th year option (which isn't happening) and I'd let him go. 2 years of Ramsey and a 3rd round comp is worth a 1st to me. He's young though so getting paid > a ring, I doubt he wants to go anywhere that's not giving him a deal this off-season.

Think that's wishful thinking.  Assuming Clark continues to play well I can't imagine we'd be able to fit both in.  That's likely 38-40 million a year between the 2 players.  I have the feeling that Ramsey is going to want to get that CB market reset with a contract that's a lot closer to that of Donald/ Mack than Howard who signed an early team friendly deal.  Back when Norman and Peterson extended they were among the top 5 paid defenders in the NFL.  Today, there isn't a CB in the top 20.  Ramsey has already said that his next contract number is going to be "ungodly".

4 minutes ago, SSG said:

Think that's wishful thinking.  Assuming Clark continues to play well I can't imagine we'd be able to fit both in.  That's likely 38-40 million a year between the 2 players.  I have the feeling that Ramsey is going to want to get that CB market reset with a contract that's a lot closer to that of Donald/ Mack than Howard who signed an early team friendly deal.  Back when Norman and Peterson extended they were among the top 5 paid defenders in the NFL.  Today, there isn't a CB in the top 20.  Ramsey has already said that his next contract number is going to be "ungodly".

Manipulation of cap hits. 40 million in contract could only be 20m of cap hits next year. By the time those contracts mature who knows what Rodgers, Adams, Bahk, the Smith's etc... will be up to.

As I said, it'd be tight and would come at the expense of outside FAs for the next 1-2 years, but I think we could do it (not saying we will).

5 minutes ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

You gotta think the Bengals are going to be sellers at the deadline. I wonder what it would take to get AJ Green? He's 31 and has missed quite a bit of time the past few years, and is a FA in 2020....So maybe a 5-6 would do it?

He's still productive when healthy .. just has a hard time staying on the field.  If we're sitting in a pretty good spot around the trade deadline this would be the kind of acquisition that could put us over the top. It will be interesting to see if his name pops up at some point.

9 minutes ago, BlondeonBlonde said:

You gotta think the Bengals are going to be sellers at the deadline. I wonder what it would take to get AJ Green? He's 31 and has missed quite a bit of time the past few years, and is a FA in 2020....So maybe a 5-6 would do it?

I would love the move just doesn't seem like a Gute type move. Every player he has acquired (outside of Jimmy) was a young ascending player. I doubt he would give up any draft asset to acquire an oft injured 31 year old receiver. He just cut a beloved one of those last offseason. 

• Like 1