Week 1: Falcons (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?

• Dalvin Cook
    • Devonta Freeman
    • Alexander Mattison
    • Ito Smith
    • Other (state preference in thread)

8 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Tailgate menu for this opening weekend:

1. Smoked whole chicken smothered in Jim Beam Southern Tang BBQ sauce on a warm roll

2. Homemade baked beans with bacon crumbles

3. Homemade eggless potato salad (eggs are ickies!)

4. Build your own bloody mary bar

I’m smoking a shoulder, making baked beans, and a smoked pickled red onion and cabbage slaw. I’ll be drinking beers or juleps out of the various Vikings glass ware that I’ve accumulated  over the years. 

It’s supposed to rain here in Chicago, so I won’t have the game on outside like I wanted, but that smoker will be up and running at 5 am rain or shine.

20 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I’m smoking a shoulder, making baked beans, and a smoked pickled red onion and cabbage slaw. I’ll be drinking beers or juleps out of the various Vikings glass ware that I’ve accumulated  over the years. 

It’s supposed to rain here in Chicago, so I won’t have the game on outside like I wanted, but that smoker will be up and running at 5 am rain or shine.

Yasssss!

Doing it right!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I read that Diggs is having some hamstring issues.

Seems typical at this point. I just hope he's good for Sunday. We need him.

I hope he'll not be less than 98%.  The Vikings need him to be effective, otherwise the opposing defenders can concentrate on Thielen, and shut him down.  I hope Doctson gets AT LEAST 12-15 plays in, so he can get integrated into the offence faster than if he doesn't play.  He may be needed some, anyway, if Diggs can't run at full speed.  Otherwise, they might have to use two tight end sets more often than planned.

Edited by Robb_K
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

This will be the fourth time Julio Jones has lined up across from Vikings star cornerback Xavier Rhodes. In the previous three matchups, Rhodes and the Vikings defense have fared well. Jones hasn’t scored a touchdown in those contests and has averaged only 56 yards per contest, down from the 96.6 yards per game he averages for his career. 

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-falcons-5-storylines-to-watch-2019?sf218774563=1

Yep all true. I don't think I have ever seen a corner cause as much trouble for Julio as Rhodes has. Plus it helps when your D is just nasty anyway. Hopefully with our improvements along the oline we can hold up a little better. 

27 minutes ago, freeman+coleman said:

Going to be a tough game this. I think it will be close with a coin toss to decide who wins.

With our new offence, and being at home, I expect The Vikings to win by 7 to 10 points.  I hope the OL and whole defence can show some improvement over Pre-Season Game 3, just due to having had more reps together, since then.  If The Vikings don't let Atlanta get an early lead, I don't think we'll have to worry during this game.

On 9/3/2019 at 1:25 PM, swede700 said:

They don't need to double Julio.  If X is healthy, he can handle him all by himself.  Julio has only averaged about 50 yds a game vs. the Vikings in his career.  I don't expect that to change this week.  If they're going to get blitzed by anyone, it's either going to be Ridley or Freeman out of the backfield.  

Rhodes is finished I think, unfortunately. So if he can rebound, then I agree. But as it looks right now, X is gonna need some help. 

14 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

Rhodes is finished I think, unfortunately. So if he can rebound, then I agree. But as it looks right now, X is gonna need some help. 

While he may have had a somewhat down year last year, he's been fairly consistent, on the whole, his entire career, especially against Julio Jones.