Week 1: Falcons (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?

• Dalvin Cook
    • Devonta Freeman
    • Alexander Mattison
    • Ito Smith
    • Other (state preference in thread)

With questions swirling about whether the star receiver would sit out if a deal isn't finalized, [Julio] Jones clarified that he plans to play Sunday, with or without a new deal, per the team's official website.  "It's just like far as me, what I'm doing is getting me ready to go," he added.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001051207/article/julio-jones-plans-to-play-sunday-as-talks-continue

Edited by Uncle Buck

10 hours ago, KeithVikings28 said:

Am I the only one not impressed at all with Alexander Mattison?

Way too slow and zero moves.

You might be.  But, it depends upon what you mean by "impressed."  He seems to me to be a better version of Asiata, which is fine.  My expectations of him were never to be a feature back, but to be a replacement for Murray.  He's not as good as Murray, but I think he'll be better than Asiata.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I hope Jones plays. I'd rather see where this team is at against an opponent at full strength than pickup a cheap win with the Falcons best player sitting out week 1.

I'll gladly take the cheap win in Week 1.  No one will remember it come Week 17.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

You might be.  But, it depends upon what you mean by "impressed."  He seems to me to be a better version of Asiata, which is fine.  My expectations of him were never to be a feature back, but to be a replacement for Murray.  He's not as good as Murray, but I think he'll be better than Asiata.    

I actually think he looks to be as good as Murray.

His vision and patience look great, and he’s a back that constantly gets positive yards. 

• Like 3

On 9/4/2019 at 9:43 AM, Krauser said:

In 24 road games by opposition QBs at US Bank since 2016: http://pfref.com/tiny/gW3Vb

• 5 games of 250+ yards, only one 300 yard game
  • 14 games sub 200 yards, including 5 sub 150 yards
  • 4 games of 2 TDs, no 3+ TD games
  • 10 games of zero TDs

Cousins meanwhile had at least one TD in every home start and averaged nearly 250 yards passing per game. 

This stat is crazy!

Friday's Injury Report: The Vikings released Friday's injury report after the final practice of the week before the team takes on the Atlanta Falcons.

Wide receiver Stefon Diggs (hamstring) and tight end Tyler Conklin (ribs) were listed as questionable after being limited participants in Fridays practice.

Cornerback Mike Hughes (knee) was listed as out after being limited on Friday.

Cornerback Mackensie Alexander (hamstring), linebacker Kentrell Brothers (wrist), defensive end Everson Griffen (elbow), tackle Brian O'Neill (elbow) and nose tackle Linval Joseph (shoulder) were all full participants in practice on Friday. Each of the players was not given a status on Friday's report and are likely to play.

https://www.vikings.com/news/vikings-falcons-week-1-injury-report-2019?sf218923739=1