The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

11 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Gorman with 2 homers last night...off to a good start 

I'd say his adjustment to low A after his struggles there last year as a young 18 year old post draft (still 18 for another month) are over.  1.542 OPS through 5 games.  About the only downside you can see is that despite the absolutely blistering start he has 6 K's in 5 games.  The K's will always be a part of his game, but considering they will come with a good walk rate and elite power, I think he'll be just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized the Tigers started Casey Mize down in High A.  He already made 4 starts there last year and performed well.  Shouldn't waste bullets in that arm like that.

Edit:  I'm an idiot, and just realized their AA team is in the Eastern League.  Almost a guarantee that it was weather related.  Carry on.

Edited by hrubes20

Unlike the rest of the organization, Taylor Trammell is off to a hot start for the Reds in AA.  .351/.500/.622 and while he has 12 K in 11 games (and 11 BB), 7 of those were in the first 4 games.  Over his last 5 games Trammell has walked 7 times, and only struck out 3.  21 years old.

13 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

I just realized the Tigers started Casey Mize down in High A.  He already made 4 starts there last year and performed well.  Shouldn't waste bullets in that arm like that.

Edit:  I'm an idiot, and just realized their AA team is in the Eastern League.  Almost a guarantee that it was weather related.  Carry on.

Are you saying us, here in Erie, don’t get wonderful winter until about August?

Cristian Pache(20 years old) AA
.333/.377/.688, .476 wOBA, 211 wRC+, 7.5 BB%, 26.4 K%, 2 HR, 5 2B, 3 3B, 4 SB
Andruw Jones defense, Ichiro arm(maybe slightly exaggerating)

Drew Waters(20 years old) AA
.340/.397/.453, .398 wOBA, 158 wRC+, 8.6 BB%, 27.6 K%, 6 2B

Both need to work on getting that K rate down a little, but the Braves are taking offers for a 3 time Gold Glove winning center fielder with good speed and a little below average bat.

Offers? Indians? Tigers?

15 minutes ago, BrownieTheElf said:

Edinboro to be specific. Love the lake. But yeah, it can be tough lol. Craft beer scene is the only perk.

Yeah, my dad lives in Meadville. Not downtown or anything but off of 19. Let's just say, when I visit him, I do a lot more drinking than normal. Camp fires and Yuengling is usually the theme of our visits lol.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1