The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

26 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

This one is a complete wtf move. Dont get it at all.

Im to the point where nothing this front office does will shock me. Im waiting for them to go ahead and retire Johan Camargo's number since he is the greatest player since Hank Aaron in their eyes.

Yes, Fried has had 10 straight scorless innings in AA, but he has been up and down all year and is still working through small injury issues. Maybe they want to pair him with either Newcomb or Sims to go deep into games like one would do in the spring or in the minors.

The Braves also just got a 1.25 mil international slot for next year from the Reds for Randy Ventura, who I had at #25 for the Braves mid-season prospect rankings.

And....got former 1st round pick Connor Joe from the Pirates for Sean Rodriguez. Doubt Joe amounts to anything, but he will probably be put back at catcher, where he played in college.

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he Rule V eligible this offseason?  Probably trying to figure out if he is someone worth protecting.

Nope. Already had this discussion on another forum and twitter.

Ozzie Albies(MLB now), Luiz Gohara, Travis Demeritte, Dustin Peterson, Ricardo Sanchez, and Jacob Lindgren are the prospects that are eligible for Rule 5 this year. If you want more of a breakdown, you can come to the Braves thread. I have everything broken down there.

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Jack Flaherty is a stud...

7 IP, 2 H, 0 R (0 ER), 9 K, 1 BB

He's gonna be a good MOR starter for a long time, health permitting.  It sucks watching both he and Honeywell tear it up, considering the Cubs were going to draft both with their next picks.