The Prospect/Amateur Thread - Where It's A Brand New Season

ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Crawford is .237/.337/.360 in 825 PA in AAA

There I talked you down

He was dealing with an injury until he finally went on the DL. He's been killing it since his return. Plus he's still a 70 defender.

Last year he was clearly overmatched at AAA, I'll give you that.

Just now, utley4568 said:

He was dealing with an injury until he finally went on the DL. He's been killing it since his return. Plus he's still a 70 defender.

Last year he was clearly overmatched at AAA, I'll give you that.

I was just messin with you, you wanted to be talked down lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CAS22 said:

Forrest Whitley called up to AA.  The kid is an elite prospect, leads the MiLB in K/9.

Cionel Perez called up to AA as well. Expected more from him given his scouting report but he hasnt had a bad first year in minor league baseball. I think they wanted to promote him to AA to see if they want to put him on the 40 man this offseason and avoid losing him to the rule 5. 

Jeff Degano - 2nd round pick of the Yankees in 2015 playing at Staten Island (NYPL). This year, he has made a four appearances, and has only gotten three outs. His line: 1 IP, 13 batters faced, 2 hits, 7 walks, 2 HBP,  4 WP, 2 Ks. 18 K/9, 63 BB/9, 18.00 ERA, 26.44 FIP, 26.44 xFIP.

Today: 0 IP, 5 batters faced, 1 H, 2 BB, 2 HBP, 1 WP, 5 ER. ERA is now 63.00. Not sure what his FIP is, but I imagine it's high. Must have the most ridiculous yips ever (not that he had much control/was really any good in the past)

Edited by JammerHammer21

15 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

Jeff Degano is a legend. 2nd round pick of the Yankees in 2015 playing at Staten Island (NYPL). This year, he has made a four appearances, and has only gotten three outs. His line: 1 IP, 13 batters faced, 2 hits, 7 walks, 2 HBP,  4 WP, 2 Ks. 18 K/9, 63 BB/9, 18.00 ERA, 26.44 FIP, 26.44 xFIP.

Today: 0 IP, 5 batters faced, 1 H, 2 BB, 2 HBP, 1 WP, 5 ER. ERA is now 63.00. Not sure what his FIP is, but I imagine it's high. Must have the most ridiculous yips ever (not that he had much control/was really any good in the past)

Poor kid...that's just sad

1 minute ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Poor kid...that's just sad

I haven't seen anything on him, but I have to imagine he just has no control over his stuff. He walked 27 of 42 last year too.

I do feel bad about the legend stuff, so I took it out. It must be terrible to have those kinds of issues pop up. He had a lot of injury issues before he even got to the Yankees, but it seems he's lost all command of the stuff he's got.

4 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I haven't seen anything on him, but I have to imagine he just has no control over his stuff. He walked 27 of 42 last year too.

I do feel bad about the legend stuff, so I took it out. It must be terrible to have those kinds of issues pop up. He had a lot of injury issues before he even got to the Yankees, but it seems he's lost all command of the stuff he's got.

Eh I mean then you get to the DSL and you end up with games that have like 12 errors and 15 walks.

Nick Senzel really starting to turn it on in AA.  Pensacola is a fairly neutral park for hitters, as is the southern league.  Hitting .417/.451/.792 in August and in 47 total AA games is hitting .352/.405/.587 with 9 HR, 13 2B and 1 3B.  The power is starting to come on.

18 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Nick Senzel really starting to turn it on in AA.  Pensacola is a fairly neutral park for hitters, as is the southern league.  Hitting .417/.451/.792 in August and in 47 total AA games is hitting .352/.405/.587 with 9 HR, 13 2B and 1 3B.  The power is starting to come on.

Spent a week there on the beach, amazing park. It is easily one of the best parks I've been to at the majors or minor league level.