2019's Intriguing Divisions

Hunter2_1

Which division are you most intrigued by this season? There's quite a few in line to have real good drama this season.

For me;

AFC North

With Cleveland's ascent, Baltimore winning it last season, and Pittsburgh being Pittsburgh - I cannot call this one. I am excited to see how it pans out, especially given that this division still holds on to genuine rivalries. I could easily imagine an example scenario where CLE face PIT at some point and the winner takes the Div.

NFC North

I personally wouldn't be surprised to see any two of this division make it to the playoffs. Football Outsider, who are obsessed with DVOA/DYAR have the division panning out like; GB(9-7), MIN (9-7), CHI (8-8), DET (8-8); which I don't agree with, but it shows how even it is statistically. If CHI have a slight regression toward mean, and GB can step it back up, with MIN still being there or thereabouts; mouth watering.

Hons; AFC W, NFC S.

AFCN for sure. New look Browns, the Ravens led by Lamar and how is he improving. The Steelers post killer Bs. And the Bengals for years were at least a wild card threat. They still got Green, Mixon, Boyd, and Atkins. I hear talks of 1st overall but the core isn't THAT different. Dalton isn't horrendous.

Edited by Calamity_Cometh

AFC south is another one close behind because the Texans had a huge winning streak only to lose to the Colts whom now have no luck. Jacksonville has a former Super Bowl MVP whom I believe is in Canton from throwing 7td passes in a single game. And the Titans? They are an enigma to me. Who will start under center by midseason?

19 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yup, true.

With the NFC S, it's interesting to see if Atlanta can go toe-to-toe with NO, with Ryan having a favourable schedule, and them being healthy. Throw CAR in the mix.

I don't see the Saints going 13-3 again with their schedule.  Especially early in the season, it's a tough slate of games and I expect the NFCS to be much more competitive than it was last year.  

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Detroit is my sleeper team.

Help me out with this one.
I can certainly envision Detroit being better, but when I look at their actual schedule - I have a much harder time with it

I've got them at 1- 4 when they host the vikings in week 6 and that's not an easy game either. Pretty tough schedule to start the year
For the Detroit advocates,  do you really see 3 or more wins here ?

at Arizona
Chargers
at Eagles
Chiefs
at Packers
Vikings

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I can certainly envision Detroit being better, but when I look at their actual schedule - I have a much harder time with it

I've got them at 1- 4 when they host the vikings in week 6 and that's not an easy game either. Pretty tough schedule to start the year

at Arizona
Chargers
at Eagles
Chiefs
at Packers
Vikings

You kinda feel like they HAVE to take one of those brutal home games in the middle (LAC/KC) which ain't really going to happen, is it. 

On 8/31/2019 at 11:07 AM, Shanedorf said:

at Arizona
Chargers
at Eagles
Chiefs
at Packers
Vikings

I personally think they start 2-0 with wins in Arizona and at home against the depleted Chargers.  Then they’ll lose their next 3 and I think the Vikings end up beating them on the road as well.  So I think Detroit is probably in for another 6-10 / 7-9 season and Patricia is probably gone after this year barring at least a .500 finish

AFC North and NFC South are the extremely well balanced ones. I noticed this as I picked all eight teams in my Pre Season Survivor League. Bengals could surprise and a bit of a wildcard, I think the Browns, Steelers, Ravens can all be anywhere from 8-11 wins and pretty even.

NFC South has four teams that can all win the division. Falcons should surpass expectations, Saints won’t be as good as last year but possibly quite near it, Panthers I don’t view as a playoff team but they can hang with anyone, and Tampa Bay should be rejuvenated under Arians. 

Best division overall? I’d have to say NFC North. I feel Green Bay, Chicago, and Minnesota could all be elite teams this year. I’m iffy on Minnesota for sure but that team is loaded with potential. The Lions imo are gonna suck though, maybe as low as 4 wins. 

NFC West is a bit of a sleeper division thats REALLY good. I think Rams regress slightly to 10-11 wins. Seattle 10-11 wins. San Francisco has 9 win potential. Arizona who knows... but the “surprise” offense factor could boost them to 7-8 wins. You really never know. 

IMO, divisions ranked:

1. NFC North

2. NFC South

3. AFC North

4. NFC West

5. AFC West

6. NFC East

7. AFC South

8. AFC East

I think the AFC South will still be quite competitive. Texans, Titans, and Jags. Colts won’t be as bad as people think. 

AFC East will be another cakewalk for the Pats, as it has been for the majority of 18 years. I know some like the Jets and Bills this year, I’m not buyin it. I see the Jets and Bills both around 6-7 wins with Miami at around 3-4.