College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If Berry places an emphasis on smaller, but faster LBs, I’d consider Patrick Nelson in the later rounds. I like his game a lot for a little dude:

shouldnt that be what the DC wants then the GM and scout to find the LBs that would fit the scheme? Like what kind of LBs doest Woods like to use and utilize

I’ve already penciled in Becton as our pick at 10. Biggest gamble, but if he works oh god he’ll work well. Wills and wirfs will be gone at 10, and as safe as Andrew Thomas is, the buzz has died on him for a reason (scheme fit and jack of all trades master of none). 

• Like 1

If we pass on Thomas in favor of Becton, I will be extremely disappointed. I’d rather get a stud at another position and get someone like Cleveland Round 2-3. I don’t see it with Becton. He’s a poor mans Bryant McKinnie

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we pass on Thomas in favor of Becton, I will be extremely disappointed. I’d rather get a stud at another position and get someone like Cleveland Round 2-3. I don’t see it with Becton. He’s a poor mans Bryant McKinnie

Not rich enough to ride the Smoot-boat. 

27 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Don’t tell buno

I like Becton.

However his weight might eliminate him from Berrys board. Obviously I’m just speculating, but every Vikings offensive linemen was under 310.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Bitonio had to lose 10-15 lbs.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I like Becton.

However his weight might eliminate him from Berrys board. Obviously I’m just speculating, but every Vikings offensive linemen was under 310.

I like Becton but not at 10. He would be my target for a trade down if Wills and Thomas are gone and the likes of Simmon Brown and Okudah. I just dont see Becton being the pick or being that good in the ZBS in the NFL. I know he ran it in college but he is going to be facing a lot more talented DL than what he saw in the ACC outside of Clemson. Like Someone fall in love with his height and weight but hell, Thomas has longer arms, longer wing span, and slightly smaller hands. I really wish he would have ran the 3cone and SS, to me that is the most telling sign for how quick he is IMO, especially for the ZBS

I dont know Bit needs to lose `10-15lbs. I dont think he is all that bad. His combine he was around 305. He might be around 310/315. he might only need to be 5-10 lbs. Playing a little lighter might give him a longer career. last year tho, he did get shoved around and bullied a lot more than years past tho. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I’ve already penciled in Becton as our pick at 10. Biggest gamble, but if he works oh god he’ll work well. Wills and wirfs will be gone at 10, and as safe as Andrew Thomas is, the buzz has died on him for a reason (scheme fit and jack of all trades master of none). 

I dont know. Thomas has been labled the #1 OT for this draft, since the draft last year. His play didnt goi down. He became another Unanimous. So he was a Freshman AA, than a AA, and than an Unanimous AA.. He goes to the combine, measures in at the ideal height weight and length you want for a tackle. He goes and run a solid 40 and puts up darn good numbers in the drills. Wirfs and Becton blew away the combine but Thomas did what was expected but his film blows them away. I also dont think he is that bad of a fit for ZBS. He is the only sure plug and play guy IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I like Becton.

His weight and build are complete deal breakers for me personally. He's too heavy, he will likely have major lower body wear and tear, injuries, and I think he's the fourth best OT prospect in this draft. I'll keep an open mind, but I'll need some convincing. I just don't see it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I can’t wait to see Baker peg Becton in the back of the head with footballs 😂😂😂

He never pegged Brown Jr in the back of the head with footballs while at Oklahoma, who is the same exact height as Becton. Both Brown Jr and Becton measured in at 6’7 7/8

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I like Becton but not at 10.

Whether he deserves to or not, he's going to be the first OT taken.

I don't think we can trade down even a single spot and expect to get the OT we want.

#4--Giants (TAKING AN OT)
#6--Chargers (COULD TAKE AN OT AFTER THEY BRING IN CAM)
#8--Cardinals (TAKING AN OT)
#9--Jaguars (COULD TAKE AN OT)
#11--Jets (TAKING AN OT)

So we can't afford a trade down. If we trade down, we aren't getting one of the 4 superstars. We'll be praying that Ezra Cleveland can become a starting LT rather than getting someone with much more polish and readiness.

@candyman93, you might be right about Becton being too big for Berry's board, but I wouldn't disqualify him from being our selection. He's an elite mover, which is what the ZBS prioritizes. We haven't really seen this kind of size and speed at OT in the NFL. It's unprecedented.

Edited by BleedTheClock