College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

Why do some of you think we need a sledge hammer of a FB, especially in this potential ZBS. You’re not asking for ISO blocks or anything like that in that scheme. Look at the 49ers and Juszczyk and the Vikings with Ham. They were more versatile, well rounded FB. They were guys who could kick out a DE needed to take care of a backside block, they could seal the edge to clear the alley for outside plays, and the could slip into the flat to hurt a team. For that I like the FB from Army, Slamko or the big back from Boston College

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Why do some of you think we need a sledge hammer of a FB, especially in this potential ZBS. You’re not asking for ISO blocks or anything like that in that scheme. Look at the 49ers and Juszczyk and the Vikings with Ham. They were more versatile, well rounded FB. They were guys who could kick out a DE needed to take care of a backside block, they could seal the edge to clear the alley for outside plays, and the could slip into the flat to hurt a team. For that I like the FB from Army, Slamko or the big back from Boston College

Honesty Hunt can do a lot of those same things too. I really just want a friggin monster these guys can line up behind and get tough yards when needed.

I have no interest in giving the fullback touches when we have two freaks at RB.

And fwiw, Juzxksekdkmel is 6’2 240.  That’s a pretty big dude.  He’s also a nerd, so I’d be good with him 😆 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Honesty Hunt can do a lot of those same things too. I really just want a friggin monster these guys can line up behind and get tough yards when needed.

I have no interest in giving the fullback touches when we have two freaks at RB.

And fwiw, Juzxksekdkmel is 6’2 240.  That’s a pretty big dude.  He’s also a nerd, so I’d be good with him 😆 

Yeah but having a FB who carries the threat of making a play is huge, especially if you burn a team just once with it, they will cater to stop it. 

51 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Because Chubb is an I-Formation tailback.