PS candidates from our cuts yesterday

brooks1957

We can keep up to 10 players. This is the most fluid part of the roster - so here goes.

Quarterback (0) - none to add. All 3 on roster made the final 53.

Running Back (1) - Trayone Gray, Miami. This is for @BleedTheClock. Good NFL size and wheels. Missed a lot of TC due to nagging injuries, and showed what he was capable of when given the chance,

Wide Receiver (2) - Derrick Willies. Big time producer with size and speed - but inconsistent as hell. Hopefully he can develop that on PS. I hate to give up on 6' 4" receivers with speed. I may also want to take a flyer still on Ish Hyman. Yes, he had a horrible series against Detroit - but he is young with pro experience (AAF). Doesn't change the fact he was open on the passes he dropped.

Tight End (0) - Carlson only one eligible here, didn't show me enough to warrant a spot.

Offensive line (2) - OT Brad Seaton and C/G Willie Wright. I thought Willie was going to make the final 53 over Corbett, tbh. Keep developing him. Brad Seaton has great tackle size. This was his second year in Browns' camp and he looked more like an NFL tackle this year. No more "deer in the headlights" look followed by the "look out" blocks.

Defensive line (2) - DEs Wyatt Ray and Jarrell Owens - both flashed nice pass rushing ability.

Linebackers (1) - Willie Harvey. Violent, willing tackler that could use more weight.

Defensive backs (2) - Robert Jackson and Montrel Meander. Word on the street is that Jackson is staying in Cleveland to be signed to PS. I like his size at 6' 2". He lands here because he needs to button up his technique. Montrel Meander I thought was going to make the final 53 based on his camp showing last year when he was here.

So, there's ten. I am sure that Dorsey isn't done bringing guys in, which may bump some from the 53 to the PS.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Horseunit said:

Isaac Nauta released by Detroit.  Kid is 22 and was a good blocker at Georgia.  Anyone think we should try and sign him to the practice squad?

Josiah Tauaefa ILB released by Giants also 22. 

50 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I read we wanted to get OT Brian Fineanganofo on the PS.

Tayne approves of this reverse racism.

Edited by NudeTayne
read: Tayne expects this kind of behavior from a mod, but...but you, horseunit?