Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Browns

ttitansfan4life

17 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

That’s what I was saying with that sack he took. When a play is designed to take an intermediate to deep shot to his left, there’s no way he is going to get to the tight end in the flat on his right when the pressure comes from his right in two seconds. In Madden, I can make that read all day, but in real life, I think that route was more of a decoy to just draw a defender away from the play.

He still needs to sail that ball out of bounds in the general vicinity of his deep receiver, but that was really his only option.

Marcus 100% needs to be a split second faster in realizing that he needs to throw the ball away. He just doesn't feel the pressure coming as aptly as you'd hope...not sure if that's something that can be learned, but his mental clock needs to be ticking a click faster

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Marcus 100% needs to be a split second faster in realizing that he needs to throw the ball away. He just doesn't feel the pressure coming as aptly as you'd hope...not sure if that's something that can be learned, but his mental clock needs to be ticking a click faster

That's been a problem of his his whole career here.  I wouldn't expect it to change.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

The first route gif in this article is both fun to watch and kind of painful. AJ got so much space off the line and with the first cut that if it isn’t a double move and he’s just running a cross, he probably scores.

• Like 2

Arthur Smith really called a hell of a game. All the articles I've read and video breakdowns I've seen really shows just how good of a gameplan and adjustments he had.

As others have said before, I can't wait until we get Lewan back, so we can really begin to open things up offensively.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I know the mixed feelings on Cian, but given his constant praise for Mariota and constant criticism of how we’ve handled him, this seems like real praise.

Just now took the time to read it, fantastic article.

I've been subscribed to his patreon since last season, but this article alone is worth the $2, even if you only do it for this month.

For as much as I may disagree with his QB ranking, his play breakdowns are generally interesting to read.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Just now took the time to read it, fantastic article.

I've been subscribed to his patreon since last season, but this article alone is worth the $2, even if you only do it for this month.

For as much as I may disagree with his QB ranking, his play breakdowns are generally interesting to read.

Admittedly, I posted this before reading it, but yeah, it’s really worth the $2. Goes in depth on play design and really gives you an appreciation for the work Smith put into the game plan. It’s super encouraging.