Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Browns

ttitansfan4life

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. I mean it was the story going in and the story going out. 
I do hear "the Browns got punched in the mouth.... the Browns got beat up....the Browns got owned."  

So i guess those are backhanded compliments to our team.  I know it's flashy to score 50 points KC style, but I get so much more satisfaction with a beatdown like this.

To pretty much take their souls from them. Have Henry trucking at the end. Having the DB's feast on Baker. Sacking Baker and even having Marcus throwing 3 TDs was great. 
And Marcus said it best, if he can just get the ball to some of these guys like Walker, Davis and Brown, then let them work. It should be nice. 

I also share the same feeling about beating in such a convincing way on all three phases of the game what was, I think by far, the most overhyped team of the offseason.

And I love that we keep getting disrespected and overlooked, but sometimes it really goes way too far. Last power rankings after week 4 of preseason I checked, on nfl.com, had us at #21, I believe. 4th team in the division. Behind the Jaguars, and behind the Colts (after Luck retired). Everyone asked for how much longer will Mariota have a job, and talked of the QB competition going on. I mean, I get why people love building up or getting on the hype trains when it comes to a team like the Browns, but how in the hell are we still being so overlooked is way past my understanding. Some of those people are being paid some serious money for the job they do, and I think it's fair to expect them to have some sort of grasp of the current state of the league and actually know that it is they're talking about.

1 hour ago, Andrei01 said:

I also share the same feeling about beating in such a convincing way on all three phases of the game what was, I think by far, the most overhyped team of the offseason.

And I love that we keep getting disrespected and overlooked, but sometimes it really goes way too far. Last power rankings after week 4 of preseason I checked, on nfl.com, had us at #21, I believe. 4th team in the division. Behind the Jaguars, and behind the Colts (after Luck retired). Everyone asked for how much longer will Mariota have a job, and talked of the QB competition going on. I mean, I get why people love building up or getting on the hype trains when it comes to a team like the Browns, but how in the hell are we still being so overlooked is way past my understanding. Some of those people are being paid some serious money for the job they do, and I think it's fair to expect them to have some sort of grasp of the current state of the league and actually know that it is they're talking about.

If this message board (NFL General) is any indication of what the media thinks, it's an overreaction to Mariota's struggles.  He's never going to be 38-50 for 450 yards because our offense isn't going to ask that of him.  And he's been gutting out injuries his whole career which has affected his performance.  But that seems to have been twisted into this belief that he's a Bortles or Gabbert or something which, I think, is equally wrong.  When he's healthy, he's a smart, mechanically sound, accurate passer who can create plays when everything breaks down.  And if we've finally stumbled upon the OC who can draw up plays to his strengths, I think we're going to see the real Marcus.  But not many people outside of Nashville even believe that's possible.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, titanrick said:

If this message board (NFL General) is any indication of what the media thinks, it's an overreaction to Mariota's struggles.  He's never going to be 38-50 for 450 yards because our offense isn't going to ask that of him.  And he's been gutting out injuries his whole career which has affected his performance.  But that seems to have been twisted into this belief that he's a Bortles or Gabbert or something which, I think, is equally wrong.  When he's healthy, he's a smart, mechanically sound, accurate passer who can create plays when everything breaks down.  And if we've finally stumbled upon the OC who can draw up plays to his strengths, I think we're going to see the real Marcus.  But not many people outside of Nashville even believe that's possible.

It’s simple we’re overlooked because our QB is a ? Just how the year we went 13-3 with Kerry Collins at QB until we were the only team undefeated did the titans get national respect 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

That is nice... :)

As one that defended the Munchak sideline demeanor. I have to say, I love this!

it’s easy for me to say after a big blowout win of course, but it really seems like vrabel has the guys locked in this year and might be hitting his stride as a gameday coach as well. hopefully that’s actually true and we see the fruit of it in these upcoming division games.

6 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

😂 at Byard and Evans grades

Not surprised by Evans grade, don’t think I noticed him in a positive way yesterday and definitely remember a couple missed tackles and catches allowed. The 3rd and 16 where he was just standing still in his zone with nobody near him as the receiver stands open at the sticks five yards to his left comes to mind.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

evans definitely missed a couple tackles out there yesterday. it wasn’t typically a big deal because there was always someone to clean up, but it was something i noticed

I was going to say exactly that. He was pretty invincible overall, but did have a couple missed tackles. He'll definitely have better games. 

I also don't understand where Mariota had a bad game. He missed a couple of throws that I can remember... But man, he was getting constant pressure in the 1st half... Way too many unblocked rushers... I believe that's being forgotten. The drop by Dion could have been a TD, he had the blockers in front... And I consider that pass to CD a drop. He threw it high, for sure... But it hit Corey in both hands... Not an easy catch, but a catch a #1 WR should make routinely. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Jonnu out-snapped Delanie. I was surprised by this.

i’m guessing they’re easing delanie back in. but jonnu had some good blocks yesterday (and actually a very good run on that TE jet sweep lmao). good to see him contributing coming back from his own injury.