Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Browns

ttitansfan4life

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

If Landry and Finch continue to be useless, I'd bring him back in more often and put Evans at OLB.

I wouldn’t call Landry useless, had a couple pressures and drew at least two, maybe three holding penalties. Didn’t get the sacks, but the impact was there.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

I wouldn’t call Landry useless, had a couple pressures and drew at least two, maybe three holding penalties. Didn’t get the sacks, but the impact was there.

Could be wrong for sure, but every "impact" play I remember him having came after we'd already taken control of the game, which makes it hard for me to value.

When the game was close and we needed actual pressure, the only two people getting in to the backfield at all were Wake and occasionally Casey. And Casey disappointed me some with how little he was able to dominate their pitiful RG, but Casey is Casey and I know will be fine. Our OLBs outside of Wake? I have no such confidence.

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

When the game was close?

Absolutely. Through the first like 3 and a half quarters or more they were doing nothing.

Landry was getting pressure. He had Baker in his grasp like twice for almost two sacks of his own. If Baker didn't do magic and escape be logs 2 maybe 3 sacks. 

Finch played the run well and had a couple pressures too. 

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Landry was getting pressure. He had Baker in his grasp like twice for almost two sacks of his own. If Baker didn't do magic and escape be logs 2 maybe 3 sacks. 

Finch played the run well and had a couple pressures too. 

And Landry drew several holding penalties. And even though he didn't credit be forced the fumble on that first Baker sack by Wake. 

3 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Great win today fellas. Loved to see you guys hand it to the Browns like that. What’s up with Corey Davis? Apologies if there has been discussion about it earlier in the thread

Bad pass protection, no real chance to pass down the field. 

The targets he did get, he drew a pass interference call, Mariota missed him and the third one I can't remember just couldn't connect I think. 

But only had 3 targets. This wasn't a game for the passing game really. It was play action. Run the ball and defense. 

9 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

This game and weekend proves that the footballs gods can only allow 1 team in the state be good. The Vols had to die for the Titans to rise. It's simple science.

I'm okay with the Vols going winless this season cuz no one really cares about them deep down inside.

• Like 1