Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

I finished Horizon recently. The world design is impressive and I like the tools you had to take down the machines, and how you had to use different tactics for different machines. The variety of machines was also great. Though the melee combat mechanics were weak compared to other comparable games. The problem for me is as cool and wide as the world was, it felt almost dead. Sometimes you'd see machines fighting or something happening organically, or some humans fighting machines, but nothing else. When I play Rockstar games, I get immersed fairly instantly. Here it was just a bland open world with generic NPCs, weak dialogue, and really not much at all happening. The story was interesting at first, but then it kinda lost me and I was more interested in just finishing the game than trying to unravel the mystery. And the mystery didn't even feel like much of a mystery.

It was still fun to play. I feel like people overhype the game, but I played it a lot later after it was launched, maybe that's part of the problem because much more impressive openworld games exist now. Also probably did not help that I played it between BOTW and RDR2.

Edited by Mossburg

2 hours ago, Mossburg said:

I feel like people overhype the game

I feel that way about several of Sony's exclusive games.  Their games are very good, but they're mostly over hyped.  This, Uncharted, The Last of Us aren't games I would ever even consider playing again.  To be honest, I wouldn't even spend $60 on those games.  They're worth waiting for a discount.  God of War and Bloodborne are two the best Sony exclusives, imo.

18 hours ago, showtime said:

I feel that way about several of Sony's exclusive games.  Their games are very good, but they're mostly over hyped.  This, Uncharted, The Last of Us aren't games I would ever even consider playing again.  To be honest, I wouldn't even spend $60 on those games.  They're worth waiting for a discount.  God of War and Bloodborne are two the best Sony exclusives, imo.

I agree with you on the titles you listed, but I would definitely include Spider-Man as one of the best Sony exclusives

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Once the consoles of gamers switched over to 2020, WWE2k20 has crashed and locked people out of playing most, if not all, of the game modes.  No patch has been released yet, and if people want to play the game, they have to boot up their console offline, manually change the date back to 2019 and continue playing offline.  

Unbelievable that a game put out by Sega and 2K Sports would have this many issues.  

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Once the consoles of gamers switched over to 2020, WWE2k20 has crashed and locked people out of playing most, if not all, of the game modes.  No patch has been released yet, and if people want to play the game, they have to boot up their console offline, manually change the date back to 2019 and continue playing offline.  

Unbelievable that a game put out by Sega and 2K Sports would have this many issues.  

The Y2K Bug resurfaces.

WWE 2k20 had so much foreshadowing in the title its nuts. The game should've come out in 2020 after some polishing, it doesn't work in 2020. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

I will burn EA sports to the ground 

EA is way ahead of you, insurance fraud is profitable. 

45 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Ugh. Just bought a power cord for my PS3 to fire up ncaa and the left bumper isn’t working on my PS3 controller lol. Don’t really want to take it apart to fix since I’ve never done it before. 

Either get a new one and test it at where you buy it (Sony still sells PS3 controllers if I remember correctly) or take it to a local shop and they can probably fix it in 15-30 minutes. 

The professionalism of streamers sometimes amazes me. Jason Mewes got on a GTA RP server today and instead of everybody trying to flock to the celebrity things just went by like any normal day on the server...wayyy different than what usually happens when celebrities get online in a game.