Around the NFL: Week 1

DaBoys

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Serious hypothetical question. If Houston offered Dallas 2 firsts and a 2nd for Tyrone Smith and any WR not  named Cooper and Gallop,

DO YoU MAKE THE TRADE ???

I want to hear responses on this one??

Yes, it’s a no brainer.  Having those extra picks makes up for the players we can’t re-sign because of the huge salaries being paid out now.  

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Serious hypothetical question. If Houston offered Dallas 2 firsts and a 2nd for Tyrone Smith and any WR not  named Cooper and Gallop,

No I would not.

1. Dallas wouldn't get those 1st rders until 2022 as Houston has already traded their next two 1st rders to Miami.

2. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. 

3. Dallas doesn't need to create any cap space. They can have $100m in cap room in 2020 relatively easy.

4. Smith is already a bargain All-Pro.

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 3

On 9/8/2019 at 10:57 AM, DaBoys said:

Please don't hijack threads.... there is always a "Dak sucks" thread close by if you want to lose a debate. But not here

It was about the Kansas City and Jaguars game. This thread does say around the league week 1 doesnt it?? 

So Dak sucks?? Eat some crow man eat some crow

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

No I would not.

1. Dallas wouldn't get those 1st rders until 2022 as Houston has already traded their next two 1st rders to Miami.

2. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. 

3. Dallas doesn't need to create any cap space. They can have $100m in cap room in 2020 relatively easy.

4. Smith is already a bargain All-Pro.

I wasn't clear. I meant trading for Tyrone before Houston settled on their Miami trade. I am also not picking sides but rather playing devil's advocate. Giving up a player now that is key for a SB run vs getting back a huge bounty that would be great for a continued deep team/roster is also tough to pass on.

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:
2 minutes ago, D82 said:

That should be a thread that won’t last long.

It's still going. Kind of surprised it's still open. But it also has been pretty tame so far. But yea....eventually....

Only one egregious post so far in the thread. Mostly people are playing it straight. 

On 9/9/2019 at 7:37 PM, resilient part 2 said:

I'd say lets just enjoy watching our offense. We drafted and cut losses in FA steadily every year to build this. its time to enjoy our hard work

On 9/5/2019 at 8:00 AM, canadaluvsdallas said:

With a young Fletcher Cox wrecking havoc? yup but to take an unknown program to top #1 AP rankings takes something at QB.

Fletcher Cox and Dak were actually never at Mississippi State at the same time. 2012 was Dak's Freshman season and Cox's rookie year with PHI.