What NFL hill are you willing to die on?

Bolts223

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

which system are you talking about? You scream the casual NFL Instagram poster.

If you want real facts, you should know that the Patriots run a common offensive system that has been in the NFL for a long time ran by tons of other teams.

As far as success goes, the Patriots have missed the playoffs 3 times since 2000, in 2 out of 3 years Brady was not the QB. So with Brady, NE made the playoffs 16/17 times (94%) and without him 0/2 (0%).

There is no magical system behind it that nobody else can run or is unknown, sorry to burst your bubble. 

Wait so this thread is all about MOSTLY irrational opinions and the second someone post one that goes against a player you like it’s ridiculous?

my post might scream casual fan, but yours screams homer.

Bill elevates Tom way more than Tom elevates Bill. 

Also I didn’t say that I’m right or you have to agree. Nonetheless here I am dying on this hill.

2 hours ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Wait so this thread is all about MOSTLY irrational opinions and the second someone post one that goes against a player you like it’s ridiculous?

my post might scream casual fan, but yours screams homer.

Bill elevates Tom way more than Tom elevates Bill. 

Also I didn’t say that I’m right or you have to agree. Nonetheless here I am dying on this hill.

You want to believe that Bill elevates Tom more than the other way around, it isn't close to being the reality though. The reality is that Bill is a .500 coach at NE WITHOUT Brady and a sub .500 coach overall in his career WITHOUT Brady.

Also I didn't know that putting out facts is being a homer.

5 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

You want to believe that Bill elevates Tom more than the other way around, it isn't close to being the reality though. The reality is that Bill is a .500 coach at NE WITHOUT Brady and a sub .500 coach overall in his career WITHOUT Brady.

Also I didn't know that putting out facts is being a homer.

In all, Belichick has gone 13-6 (.684) in 19 games without Brady at quarterback for the Patriots. To put that in context, no other team in the league besides Belichick's Patriots has posted a winning percentage higher than .684 since Belichick and Brady joined forces in 2000. Nobody would argue that Belichick doesn't need his Hall of Fame quarterback, but the Patriots have been extremely good even without Brady at the helm

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx18029/bill-belichick-tom-brady-contributed-more-new-england-patriots-dynasty-2017-nfl-playoffs-super-bowl-lii

1 minute ago, jarren said:

In all, Belichick has gone 13-6 (.684) in 19 games without Brady at quarterback for the Patriots. To put that in context, no other team in the league besides Belichick's Patriots has posted a winning percentage higher than .684 since Belichick and Brady joined forces in 2000. Nobody would argue that Belichick doesn't need his Hall of Fame quarterback, but the Patriots have been extremely good even without Brady at the helm

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx18029/bill-belichick-tom-brady-contributed-more-new-england-patriots-dynasty-2017-nfl-playoffs-super-bowl-lii

I’d also like to add Brady has a 0% winning percentage without Bill 😝

8 minutes ago, jarren said:

Belichick has actually gone 19-19 without Brady. 

Brady, even if he was very good early in his career, he was not the QB who became later in his career ... He had improved every year in his career and he deserves a lot credit on that, but we need to not actas  if Brady was a legendary QB since day one, since that's not true!

Bill Belichick had always been a great defensive coach, even before ... I mean when he was the DC with Bill Parcells with the Giants, the 49ers with Joe Montana had only scored 19 points combined in his last 3 playoffs games against the Giants!

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Illegal contact, especially the automatic first down portion, has done irreparable damage to passing defense/inflated QB play over the last decade. It's basically killed man defense in the slot and cover 2/Tampa 2.

What hurt the pass defense the more was the safety rules in 2011 which was an overreaction of the NFL because of James Harrison's hit(and some others players) against 2 Browns players in a game that was legal at this time, but the year after if you hit a WR or TE in the middle in the field, the player had a 15-yard penalty, big fine and maybe a suspension.

It's way easier to pass in the middle in the field since that time, since the defenses can't hit the receivers in the middle of the field.

QB with 5000 yards or more started being the standard in the first year of the safety rule in 2011 and it has never stopped since and the efficiency is higher than ever despite the high pass attempts that the teams have.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:02 AM, JustAnotherFan said:

It was typo. I meant 2010's.

Thought by naming Cutler would have been obvious but I guess not.

Gotcha.

How about this one (Bears related) the Bears would have at least one more Super Bowl--possibly two--in the 80's if Ditka hadn't mismanaged the QB position horribly? 

Archived