Packers-Bears Week 1 Game Day Thread

Shanedorf

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think it could go the other way.

Those defenders on Chicago are consummate professionals.  They play a certain way with swagger and attitude.  They appear to have each other's backs.

Along comes HHCD.  What happens when he blows an assignment?  Takes a few poor angles?  Whiff's on a sure tackles?  I mean, what happens if the HHCD of the past two years shows up?  The guy that GB gave up on and received a fourth round pick from Washington, who in return decided to not offer HHCD a contract when the season was over.  I mean it, how badly do you have to play and how bad of a locker room personality are you to not get a contract offer after a team gives up a 4'th round pick to acquire you?

Yah, that guy shows up and I don't doubt that the Bears defenders go to the coach to either have him benched or removed from the team.  I don't think guy like Mack, Trevathan, Fuller and Jackson are going to put up with the "bad" HHCD that we saw and that Washington saw.

I think he will be ok.

He played with Eddie Jackson in college, so I think they will mesh well and have each others back.  There are reports that he was offered by Washington, and chose Chicago because of his ties to Jackson.  I suspect he wants to light up the Packers as well.

I can't help but feel that Clinton Dix leadership style didn't mesh well with his team mates.  I remember that game as a rookie where he  was bitchin out Julius Peppers, and the look on Peppers face.  I think HaHa is a good man, but I am not sure he is a great leader and might do better in a system where he is just one of the guys and can focus on doing his job well.

Just now, packfanfb said:

At least in playing at Chicago Week 1, the field shouldn't be a total piece of **** like it usually is by the time we go there in November/December most years. They've literally had an entire off-season to get the playing surface into decent shape. 

This. So much this.

It really depends on which version of HaHa shows up.  He didn't use to just sit back and gamble for INTs, he has the capability to play very well in the box if he puts his mind to it.  He finished 2015 4th among safeties in solo tackles, and put up 192 combined tackles in his first two years in the league.  Look at his scouting reports coming out:

• Effective run supporter -- drops downhill with conviction and does not shy from contact. Takes direct angles to the ball. Runs the alley and wipes out ball carriers. Secure tackler. Can break down and tackle in space. Has special-teams experience. Well-coached in a pro-style defense. (NFL.com)

This is just one of many, but long story short there weren't concerns about his ability playing physically against the run either coming out or early in his career.  He only fell off once he started chasing stats looking for that big contract.  If he comes to play like the guy he was early in his career, willing to do whatever the team needed, he'll be a big piece for them.  If that guy is gone for good, he won't be long for the league. 

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

At least in playing at Chicago Week 1, the field shouldn't be a total piece of **** like it usually is by the time we go there in November/December most years. They've literally had an entire off-season to get the playing surface into decent shape. 

Thanks for the jinx 

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

3 Packers players tearing their ACLs tonight confirmed

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think he will be ok.

He played with Eddie Jackson in college, so I think they will mesh well and have each others back.  There are reports that he was offered by Washington, and chose Chicago because of his ties to Jackson.  I suspect he wants to light up the Packers as well.

I can't help but feel that Clinton Dix leadership style didn't mesh well with his team mates.  I remember that game as a rookie where he  was bitchin out Julius Peppers, and the look on Peppers face.  I think HaHa is a good man, but I am not sure he is a great leader and might do better in a system where he is just one of the guys and can focus on doing his job well.

Jackson is the better player.  Ha Ha is the older player....you think Ha Ha is going to listen to Eddie?  I don't.

Washington didn't think too much of him if they didn't beat the offer that Chicago made.  

I just wonder how much of his free lancing, bad angle taking crap those veterans are going to tolerate.

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jackson is the better player.  Ha Ha is the older player....you think Ha Ha is going to listen to Eddie?  I don't.

Washington didn't think too much of him if they didn't beat the offer that Chicago made.  

I just wonder how much of his free lancing, bad angle taking crap those veterans are going to tolerate.

I think since he and Eddie both have been raised as safeties by Nick Saban, and both have been successful early in their careers, they will come at it from similar mindsets and have a good chance to work together reasonably well.  I would be surprised if either one is a leader on that defense.  

It just seems to me that it all comes down to whether HaHa has gotten his head together or not.  

56 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think he will be ok.

Washington gave up a 4th round pick for him. Are you saying they wanted him so bad they didn't offer enough to get him to stay? Chicago gave him 3.25 million dollar 1 year deal and only 500K was guaranteed in that deal. 

I'm not sure how he's suddenly become this 'guy' now that he's on the Bears. He was terrible the last year and a half we had him and 1/2 Washington had him.I don't see him suddenly becoming this dominant force. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Washington gave up a 4th round pick for him. Are you saying they wanted him so bad they didn't offer enough to get him to stay? Chicago gave him 3.25 million dollar 1 year deal and only 500K was guaranteed in that deal. 

I'm not sure how he's suddenly become this 'guy' now that he's on the Bears. He was terrible the last year and a half we had him and 1/2 Washington had him.I don't see him suddenly becoming this dominant force. 

He doesn't have to be a dominant force.

He just may not be as bad as fans think he will be.