Other Games/Teams Thread

TitanLegend

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Can we all finally admit that Watson is the truth and one of the top (10) QBs in the game?

Nope. 

Lol. 

Even though he does it more then not, he is playing backyard football more than anything. 

I don't think that is sustainable long term. He is having a nice run at it now. But what happens when you you are a second too late and that escape ends up being a sack or strip fumble. 

I've seen players do those things for a flare then burn out. 

They keep describing his play as "miracle plays" "rabbit in a hat.".  To me that's not championship football. With all his "MVP" play. They still are only one game better than us record wise. And we have been horrible on offense. 

Until he can consistently win in the pocket, I won't give him that mantle. 

Brees Brady Mahomes, Wilson,  Rodgers, Rivers, Goff, Wentz, Ryan, Stafford and maybe Cam/Carr I'd take over Watson. And I don't even think Goff is elite. I guess Watson is top 15. Maybe top 10, number 9 or 10. 

I wouldn't start my franchise with him. 

35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Nope. 

Lol. 

Even though he does it more then not, he is playing backyard football more than anything. 

I don't think that is sustainable long term. He is having a nice run at it now. But what happens when you you are a second too late and that escape ends up being a sack or strip fumble. 

I've seen players do those things for a flare then burn out. 

They keep describing his play as "miracle plays" "rabbit in a hat.".  To me that's not championship football. With all his "MVP" play. They still are only one game better than us record wise. And we have been horrible on offense. 

Until he can consistently win in the pocket, I won't give him that mantle. 

Brees Brady Mahomes, Wilson,  Rodgers, Rivers, Goff, Wentz, Ryan, Stafford and maybe Cam/Carr I'd take over Watson. And I don't even think Goff is elite. I guess Watson is top 15. Maybe top 10, number 9 or 10. 

I wouldn't start my franchise with him. 

Idk, we're going on 3 years now of "waiting and seeing if he can get it done" and he's done nothing but get it done since being in the league. No he's not flawless but, he's gotten better every season, has a career winning record and puts his team in position to win every game they play. At this point, Mahomes/Rodgers/Brady/Brees/Wilson are the only QBs I'm comfortable putting ahead of him.

I've compared him to McNair since his college days and everything you said about him could've been said about McNair from about 98-01(maybe it was said at the time, but it's a little before my time).

29 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Idk, we're going on 3 years now of "waiting and seeing if he can get it done" and he's done nothing but get it done since being in the league. No he's not flawless but, he's gotten better every season, has a career winning record and puts his team in position to win every game they play. At this point, Mahomes/Rodgers/Brady/Brees/Wilson are the only QBs I'm comfortable putting ahead of him.

I've compared him to McNair since his college days and everything you said about him could've been said about McNair from about 98-01(maybe it was said at the time, but it's a little before my time).

Yea sadly he’s a top 10 QB. Some Titan fans jut don’t want to admit it. I said it in the offseason, Titans have the worst QB situation in the division and they still do even after Luck retired and with Foles being out and likely losing his job to a 6th round rookie.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

Im not saying he isn't good. But again. I'll give it a little more time. 

Injuries can change things quickly and he is one bad landing away from something. 

And maybe he is top 10. But team wise it hasn't been substantial to me. 

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Watching the Ravens play the Patriots, I just gotta give them credit for how they've built an offense around Lamar Jackson. Compare that to us, where we take a spread Heisman quarterback and ****ed him up with our offenses.

Yeah. I don't think anyone thinks Lamar Jackson is a great pocket passer, but he is a crazy stupid athlete with a great arm. 
They built an offense that is hard to prepare for.

Imagine if they keep building this thing and get a more dynamic RB or Jackson becomes just a slightly better passer from the pocket.

But yeah,
We draft a college corvette and try to turn him to an NFL SUV sludging through the muck.  ( I love that analogy because it's so true.) I mean fa real. Who would in they right might try to take a Lambo and run it off road.

We took one of the most dynamic college QBs in the modern era and put him in a 6 TE offense.
Baltimore took their Heisman winner and put him an offense built around his athletic ability.  Sure he might only last 5-7 seasons but they could win some games.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Hope the Dolphins don't blow this lead. 

they've still got it but these refs!

How they gonna pull Fitz out of the game on the next drive, 15 minutes later and after he stayed in for a few more plays after that hit in the first place. Why wouldn't they let the sideline know before that?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

they've still got it but these refs!

How they gonna pull Fitz out of the game on the next drive, 15 minutes later and after he stayed in for a few more plays after that hit in the first place. Why wouldn't they let the sideline know before that?

That was bogus. 

Luckily they overcame it. 

We had some bad losses, but at least we didn't lose to the Dolphins. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That was bogus. 

Luckily they overcame it. 

We had some bad losses, but at least we didn't lose to the Dolphins. 

i mean, the colts are starting essentially the guy they planned on being their 3rd string quarterback. if we had to start brian hoyer we'd probably also be struggling that way