2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

15 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Giving up on njoku would make me give up on Dorsey. It’s clearly an ego issue with Dorsey that he’s not his guy. There’s no reason the other scrub TEs are getting playing time over him when they’ve proven a lot less and haven’t done anything this year. 

Yeah there’s plenty of smoke pointing to that fire already tbh.

Njoku is still just 23 and developing, no reason whatsoever to get rid of him.

On 12/27/2019 at 5:07 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Giving up on njoku would make me give up on Dorsey. It’s clearly an ego issue with Dorsey that he’s not his guy. There’s no reason the other scrub TEs are getting playing time over him when they’ve proven a lot less and haven’t done anything this year. 

Why would you give up on Dorsey for a guy who isn't producing? He's weak minded and isn't prepared to do what we need him to do at a high level. I hear all that mess about he's "still developing" we are all sitting watching him on the toilet and he hasn't crapped yet and chances are he may not 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Why would you give up on Dorsey for a guy who isn't producing? He's weak minded and isn't prepared to do what we need him to do at a high level. I hear all that mess about he's "still developing" we are all sitting watching him on the toilet and he hasn't crapped yet and chances are he may not 

Calling Njoku Mentally weak because he hasn't developed into a high-level star in his first 2 years is a bit of stretch bruh. 

It does make sense though to criticize the substance of his impact or his play weaknesses.

Saying that he hasn't produced simply isn't true at all though.

In his 2nd season, at 22 years old he trailed only 1.) George Kittle, 2.) Travis Kelce, 3.) Zach Ertz, 4.) Jared Cook, 5.) Eric Ebron, 6.) Rob Gronkowski, 7.) Austin Hooper in Yards produced by a Tight Ends and was 5th in Catch% 1-percentage point or less off of George Kittle and Rob Gronkowski's mark that year. He's amongst a grouping of players we all think of as big-time Tight Ends (Ebron fell off this year; Hooper is getting paid as a top 3 Tight-end).

He was the rawest Tight End coming into the draft in which scouts predicted that he was so raw that it likely would all come together for him until year 4 with the logic being that Tight End is the hardest developmental position in terms of success rate based on all analytical models and traditional football scouting analysis.

Njoku had issues last year blocking. He also had drops but comparing the drops to the other Tight-ends he's right where most of the tight ends we think are the best are. Tight ends in general have less reliable hands than receivers.

We drafted Njoku at the bottom of the 1st round. He came in raw and one of the youngest Tight Ends to ever enter the league at 21 years old. He's far from a great player but giving up on him before we've ever seen his 3rd year of growth is wild man.

Saying that we should give up on Dorsey b/c Dorsey is giving up on Njoku is wild too lol. He's shown enough production to warrant that we don't just move-on from him at this point in his career.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

So the answer is to not play him? And instead play much inferior players?

On 12/27/2019 at 5:07 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Other than being disrespectful and insubordinate 

even if you don’t like the coach can’t talk back or else you’re not gonna play 

11 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Calling Njoku Mentally weak because he hasn't developed into a high-level star in his first 2 years is a bit of stretch bruh. 

It does make sense though to criticize the substance of his impact or his play weaknesses.

Saying that he hasn't produced simply isn't true at all though.

In his 2nd season, at 22 years old he trailed only 1.) George Kittle, 2.) Travis Kelce, 3.) Zach Ertz, 4.) Jared Cook, 5.) Eric Ebron, 6.) Rob Gronkowski, 7.) Austin Hooper in Yards produced by a Tight Ends and was 5th in Catch% 1-percentage point or less off of George Kittle and Rob Gronkowski's mark that year. He's amongst a grouping of players we all think of as big-time Tight Ends (Ebron fell off this year; Hooper is getting paid as a top 3 Tight-end).

He was the rawest Tight End coming into the draft in which scouts predicted that he was so raw that it likely would all come together for him until year 4 with the logic being that Tight End is the hardest developmental position in terms of success rate based on all analytical models and traditional football scouting analysis.

Njoku had issues last year blocking. He also had drops but comparing the drops to the other Tight-ends he's right where most of the tight ends we think are the best are. Tight ends in general have less reliable hands than receivers.

We drafted Njoku at the bottom of the 1st round. He came in raw and one of the youngest Tight Ends to ever enter the league at 21 years old. He's far from a great player but giving up on him before we've ever seen his 3rd year of growth is wild man.

Saying that we should give up on Dorsey b/c Dorsey is giving up on Njoku is wild too lol. He's shown enough production to warrant that we don't just move-on from him at this point in his career.

I get it but at one point does he take the step forward, he has plenty of people explaining everything about him and metrics and all but at one point does he start becoming a football player over a dude who is cut and can run fast? 

Also, as far as the mentally weak thing, it's what I see, it's what I feel and if he isnt, I'll take my L.  I just think he doesn't have any heart, a look like Tarzan and play like Jane type of situation.

The best we can moving forward is go more 12 personnel and bring in another guy who is more reliable and let him continue to develop and possibly be a pleasant surprise.

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So the answer is to not play him? And instead play much inferior players?

But at what are we supposed to do keep him out there so he can keep missing blocks, not coming up with routine catches, and be unreliable?that's one thing I kinda agree with Kitchens, what else can he do to get across that you aren't getting it done? I'm not with the camp of "oh, just play him because he's more talented than the other guys", at some point he needs how to become a professional and learn to take the small things just as serious as making a improbable 3rd and 17 catch between two defenders. I'll take my loss on this one but that's how I honestly feel about him.

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I get it but at one point does he take the step forward, he has plenty of people explaining everything about him and metrics and all but at one point does he start becoming a football player over a dude who is cut and can run fast? 

Also, as far as the mentally weak thing, it's what I see, it's what I feel and if he isnt, I'll take my L.  I just think he doesn't have any heart, a look like Tarzan and play like Jane type of situation.

The best we can moving forward is go more 12 personnel and bring in another guy who is more reliable and let him continue to develop and possibly be a pleasant surprise.

But at what are we supposed to do keep him out there so he can keep missing blocks, no coming up with routine catches, that's one thing I kinda agree with Kitchens, what else can he do to get across that you aren't getting it done? I'm not with the camp of "oh, just play him because he's more talented than the other guys", at some point he needs how to become a professional and learn to take the small things just as serious as making a improbable 3rd and 17 catch between two defenders. I'll take my loss on this one but that's how I honestly feel about him.

So it’s ok for the other guys to drop passes and miss blocks? Why the double standard? It’s not like Harris can block anyone. And he’s dropped plenty. RSJ only catches wide open passes and can’t block either. 

17 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

No L. Just good discussion.

You're right that no matter what going forward we have to bring in a more reliable guy at Tight-End.

You're also right in that for how cut up and athletic he looks, it would stand to reason that he'd ball-out more.

Only time will tell. I hope he gets at least one more year of time as the 3rd year for raw players can make all the difference.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So it’s ok for the other guys to drop passes and miss blocks? Why the double standard? It’s not like Harris can block anyone. And he’s dropped plenty. RSJ only catches wide open passes and can’t block either. 

As if I haven't been going after other players on this team, they all deserve ridicule