2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

11 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Im hot for big jack. 

Id offer hunt 2 years 16 million. You scratch my back i scratch yours. 

Larry o id give 4 years 40 million. 

Let's get at least three years with Hunt. He looked great this year, but his value is still low enough due to his past transgression and the fact that he is a restricted free agent. 3/24 would be fine. He's still young and can play a bit of that Deebo Samuel role, hybriding between RB and WR, one more trick to have up our sleeves.

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think Larry could be had for less tbh. He had somewhat of a disappointing year when he was supposed to take a big leap forward. Maybe that works in the Browns favor if they try to resign him.

Agreed. 3/21 or maybe 4/30 may be possible. If we extend him now, he may take less for fear that if he had another down year he may have to take a one-year prove-it deal from someone or even a rotational starter salary such as 2/9.

Edited by NudeTayne
contract fapping is a thing

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think Larry could be had for less tbh. He had somewhat of a disappointing year when he was supposed to take a big leap forward. Maybe that works in the Browns favor if they try to resign him.

Wasnt he playing injured? He statted 2018 at an all pro pace, this year mediocre starter. Hard to know who he is

I can see us breaking the bank for jack conklin, we did it with zeitler. 

We will clear a bunch of space, with kirksey, carrie, burnett, and maybe vernon. 

Id like us to make hunt our taysum hill, 3rd down back, fb, h-back 2nd runningback hybrid for 3 yesrs.

• Like 1

Anybody have any predictions on who will be retained and who will be let go this offseason? Higgins, Randall, Schobert, Hunt, Burris, Hilliard, Seals-Jones and Murray are all FAs. 

You think this will be a new regime that comes in and wipes everybody out and starts with 'their guys' or will they try to maintain whats already (sort of) here.

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

His injury concern is the only reason he’s hitting the market. Gotta take that risk. 

There seemed to be the narrative that he's not the same player anymore already due to injuries. Do you believe that narrative is overblown? Sometimes players come back healthier and sometimes they Gurley.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Is Conklin's long-term health a concern? He may get even more than 4/70, likely a top-5 FA in the league.

On January 15, 2018, the Tennessee Titans announced their decision to fire Mularkey.[25] On January 20, 2018, the Tennessee Titans announced their decision to hire Houston Texans' defensive coordinator Mike Vrabel as their new head coach.[26] On January 26, 2018, it was reported that Conklin's surgery to repair his torn ACL had successfully been completed.[27] Offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur retained the starting offensive line, that also included starting left tackle Taylor Lewan, offensive guards Quinton Spain and Josh Kline, and center Ben Jones.[28]

Conklin missed the first three games of the season in order to recover from his ACL injury. Conklin suffered an injury on November 5, 2018, during a 28-14 Week 9 victory against the Dallas Cowboys. He soon entered concussion protocol.[29] Conklin would not play the next week against the New England Patriots. However, he did return for the Week 11 game against the Indianapolis Colts.[30] He then suffered a knee injury during Week 14 against the Jacksonville Jaguars and was placed on injured reserve five days later.[31]

On May 1, 2019, the Titans declined the fifth-year option on Conklin's contract, making him a free agent in 2020.[32] 

from wikipedia

8 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

@Mind Character, @Forge, @AnAngryAmerican, @anyoneewholse, who are some guys likely to make it to FA who could help the Browns from said teams?

Already heard the likelihood Jimmie Ward could be odd man out, and Chris Harris could be a nice rental for a year or two 🤔. Who else we got? Under-the-radar free agent offensive lineman who you guys aren't re-signing? Zone-blocking dudes?

I haven't studied the free agents from those teams outside of a few position groups so I'm not sure.

Graham Glasgow is the perfect Zone-Blocking Guard. I've liked him before the Stefanski hire and even more so now.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I haven't studied the free agents from those teams outside of a few position groups so I'm not sure.

Graham Glasgow is the perfect Zone-Blocking Guard. I've liked him before the Stefanski hire and even more so now.

Would we sign him to start? Is it unreasonable to expect to get some starters for cheap, not paying every dude $8+mil/yr to start?

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Would we sign him to start? Is it unreasonable to expect to get some starters for cheap, not paying every dude $8+mil/yr to start?

Starters for the cheap? I mean at one point Austin Pazstor was a Starter. Quality Starter? No.

To find a quality starter at Guard or Tackle in free agency, there is no such thing as cheap.

We need a Guard and 2 Tackles.

Assuming one starter is filled via the draft and 1 in free agency that means the one in Free Agency is going to have to be a big $ player.

As long as Baker's our QB, it's a must and likely will be worth the investment.

I'll assume that the new front office doesn't want to go on a spending spree in year 1 and will look for an internal solution for the other OLine spot opening. That or a low investment option.

Glasgow's coming in as a starter right away. Probably gets 8mil/yr for 4 yrs with a hefty guaranteed bonus.

Edited by Mind Character

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Starters for the cheap? I mean at one point Austin Pazstor was a Starter. Quality Starter? No.

To find a quality starter at Guard or Tackle in free agency, there is no such thing as cheap.

We need a Guard and 2 Tackles.

Assuming one starter is filled via the draft and 1 in free agency that means the one in Free Agency is going to have to be a big $ player.

As long as Baker's our QB, it's a must and likely will be worth the investment.

I'll assume that the new front office doesn't want to go on a spending spree in year 1 and will look for an internal solution for the other OLine spot opening. That or a low investment option.

Glasgow's coming in as a starter right away. Probably gets 8mil/yr for 4 yrs with a hefty guaranteed bonus.

I’d look to spend a day 2 pick on a guard before I signed a mediocre one in FA for 8 million a year personally.

• Like 2