2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

Short of doing something catastrophic, like trading Chubb, Myles, Denzel, Greedy, OBJ and Jarvis. When you look at who’s currently under contract still, this should be a playoff team next year. They should have been a playoff team this year.

The front office could let Joe and Damarious go, but if they get a franchise LT, the offseason is a win.

10-6 and a playoff birth next year is the goal.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Short of doing something catastrophic, like trading Chubb, Myles, Denzel, Greedy, OBJ and Jarvis. When you look at who’s currently under contract still, this should be a playoff team next year. They should have been a playoff team this year.

The front office could let Joe and Damarious go, but if they get a franchise LT, the offseason is a win.

10-6 and a playoff birth next year is the goal.

If we traded Schobert, would another team pay a 2021 first? Still unclear what his value truly is leaguewide.

If we could get a 2 for Hunt (doubtful with the value of RB's and his off the field history), then I'd do it unless it was a really late 2nd. We'd need a 2nd RB if we traded him anyway, and we'd likely use that pick to fill the void, so it's a wash at best IMO, unless analytics tells us that we can get a relatively decent replacement option in the draft or free agency.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we could get a 2 for Hunt (doubtful with the value of RB's and his off the field history), then I'd do it unless it was a really late 2nd. We'd need a 2nd RB if we traded him anyway, and we'd likely use that pick to fill the void, so it's a wash at best IMO, unless analytics tells us that we can get a relatively decent replacement option in the draft or free agency.

We were very lucky to have a healthy Chubb (ya I know what I just said) for the entire year.  I think having another RB to fill the void in case of injury would be imperative in the offense we want to run.  Having Kareem be able to spell Chubb, work together in the backfield with him, and be able to take over if there is an injury, is vital for us.  I don't know if that's what analytics will tell us?  I just know I would rather have him than not, or have a similar type of replacement if he was dealt.