2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d give up a third.

Same.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is he great?  Yep, when he plays he’s fantastic.

He’s just old and injury prone.  There’s no reason to give up prime assets for that.

I think synder is happy to f him over rather than trade him for something reasonable.

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s going to be interesting to see who ends up being on Joe Woods staff and if he wants some former 49ers / Broncos.

@Mind Character, @Forge, @AnAngryAmerican, @anyoneewholse, who are some guys likely to make it to FA who could help the Browns from said teams?

Already heard the likelihood Jimmie Ward could be odd man out, and Chris Harris could be a nice rental for a year or two 🤔. Who else we got? Under-the-radar free agent offensive lineman who you guys aren't re-signing? Zone-blocking dudes?

29 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

@Mind Character, @Forge, @AnAngryAmerican, @anyoneewholse, who are some guys likely to make it to FA who could help the Browns from said teams?

Already heard the likelihood Jimmie Ward could be odd man out, and Chris Harris could be a nice rental for a year or two 🤔. Who else we got? Under-the-radar free agent offensive lineman who you guys aren't re-signing? Zone-blocking dudes?

If Joe Woods is in fact the DC, one player to look out for is SS Will Parks. His rookie deal is expiring and the Broncos are about to back up the brinks truck for Justin Simmons which most likely leaves his partner in crime as the odd man out.  Woods coached him when he was the DC there and the Browns are in desperate need of safety help especially if Randall is gone. Easy to connect the dots to that potential signing.

Hes young, can even play some DB in the slot and is a big hitter/great tackler. If hes forced out of DEN I would love to have him get his chance to be the starter here.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

If Joe Woods is in fact the DC, one player to look out for is SS Will Parks. His rookie deal is expiring and the Broncos are about to back up the brinks truck for Justin Simmons which most likely leaves his partner in crime as the odd man out.  Woods coached him when he was the DC there and the Browns are in desperate need of safety help especially if Randall is gone. Easy to connect the dots to that potential signing.

Hes young, can even play some DB in the slot and is a big hitter/great tackler. If hes forced out of DEN I would love to have him get his chance to be the starter here.

Is Parks getting any love as an expensive signing? What contract are we likely to get him for? Honestly don't want to keep doing the "this guy is young and his contract is expiring and he has never really started or done much as a starter, but let's pay him for what we think he could possibly do in the future". Not down to be that team to pay someone mid-level starter money and hope, especially with a domestic abuse already. All that said, if we can get over of those 3/$12 mil type of deals, sure, will trust the guys assessing. 

Edited by NudeTayne

15 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Is Parks getting any love as an expensive signing? What contract are we likely to get him for? Honestly don't want to keep doing the "this guy is young and his contract is expiring and he has never really started or done much as a starter, but let's pay him for what we think he could possibly do in the future". Not down to be that team to pay someone mid-level starter money and hope, especially with a domestic abuse already. All that said, if we can get over of those 3/$12 mil type of deals, sure, will trust the guys assessing. 

Hes not going to break the bank but he sort of had a breakout year this past season so I expect there to be a few teams in on him. He is that 3rd rotational safety thats stuck behind 2 really good players in Kareem Jackson/Justin Simmons----similar to how Shaq Barrett was stuck behind Von/Ware. I expect him to get around 4-5 million per season.

As far as not having starters experience, he played 51% of snaps this past year so while not having true starters snaps, he has been on the field more often than not when the defense is out there because of his versatility. He actually has a consistent role in the defense he doesnt just come in to sub out a starter.

To put this in college football terms: He plays the 'bullet' position. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

Im hot for big jack. 

Id offer hunt 2 years 16 million. You scratch my back i scratch yours. 

Larry o id give 4 years 40 million. 

I think Larry could be had for less tbh. He had somewhat of a disappointing year when he was supposed to take a big leap forward. Maybe that works in the Browns favor if they try to resign him.