2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I need to see what type of scheme we run, but I’d sign Blake Martinez and extend Joe.

Linebackers would be set.

Hate splitting the fence, but there’s another scenario I see where we don’t keep Scho and don’t place an emphasis on linebackers. Mack and Sione could be opening day starters.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Why not keep downgrading across the board? Our defense is awful, so let's remove the only semblance of someone good to great at their position aside from Myles.

Myles, Larry and Ward are the only other dudes who make any consistent impact at all.

I can’t see any reason to NOT sign Schobert, salary be damned.

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Myles, Larry and Ward are the only other dudes who make any consistent impact at all.

I can’t see any reason to NOT sign Schobert, salary be damned.

Larry is a solid starter.

Ward was a Pro Bowler as a rookie who was put in a bad scheme last year, and he's also been hurt a decent amount, which makes me nervous.

There's ZERO reason to not resign Schobert. 

• Like 1

Some think Ward had a down year, and while he wasn't as good as he was in his rookie year, he was still pretty good statistically. And that was him playing in a scheme that doesn't best suit his abilities. My main concern with him going forward is just his ability to stay healthy.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That would be.... disappointing.

If it’s Joe Woods, look at his Denver and San Fran defenses. Linebackers are JAG’s getting paid the least.

Have an elite d-line (Von, D-Ware, Malik Jackson, Derek Wolfe) and (Bosa, Armstead, Buckner, Ford). Also, have 2 shutdown CBS and safeties who can communicate. The linebackers jobs is to just read and react.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

If it’s Joe Woods, look at his Denver and San Fran defenses. Linebackers are JAG’s getting paid the least.

Have an elite d-line (Von, D-Ware, Malik Jackson, Derek Wolfe) and (Bosa, Armstead, Buckner, Ford). Also, have 2 shutdown CBS and safeties who can communicate. The linebackers jobs is to just read and react.

Why do people forget about Kwon?

• Like 1

And then second question 

if we did sign a tackle like Jack Conklin anyway you guys think moving Chris Hubbard to RG could possibly be a move?

maybe he upgrades our position there. He is athletic so maybe in a ZBS RG will mask his Deficiencies. 

that would leave us to LT to address in the draft

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

So if we let Schobert walk and bring in Joe Woods defense 

what does our linebackers depth chart look like as of right now?

because with Mack Wilson already how would a player like Isaiah Simmons fit with us if we aren’t running that safety hybrid scheme 

I can't talk to how our linebacker depth would look, I personally think we need to resign JoeSho.

That being said if we do let him go we need to look for someone in the draft, or keep Kirksey for another year.

About Simmons though, for us, I think he is ideally a Strong Safety.  He would be perfect in the role.  He has insane coverage skills.  He can blitz.  He tackles and plays the run well.  I think we move him all over the field the best from the base SS position.