2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Am I the only one who likes Karl Joseph at SS? He’s a hard hitter from what I’ve read.

He can be a enforcer.

He was a R-1 pick for a reason.

Just has to stay healthy.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Am I the only one who likes Karl Joseph at SS? He’s a hard hitter from what I’ve read.

He can be a enforcer.

I like him, I like our safety group, I like Redwine, Joesph and then Sendjo to mentor them. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I like him, I like our safety group, I like Redwine, Joesph and then Sendjo to mentor them. 

I agree and think we all well-stocked in the DB.

Interior DL, too.

DE needs some fortification and LB obviously does, too.

Add a more competent DC and barring injuries, of course, our D should be considerably better than last year's.

Saw one site ranking our D #23.

I think it will be a lot closer to #10.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I agree and think we all well-stocked in the DB.

Interior DL, too.

DE needs some fortification and LB obviously does, too.

Add a more competent DC and barring injuries, of course, our D should be considerably better than last year's.

Saw one site ranking our D #23.

I think it will be a lot closer to #10.

That is a lot of optimism coming from you. usually Im the one on the brown kool aid. 

Without injury and with the addition of Griffen or clowney I htink we can be top 5 vs the pass and about 20-25 vs he run, I really dont like our linebackers and do not think we match up vs Balt all that well. We should pants he Bengals and if the offense goes we should beat the Squeelers. 

Browns to go 5-1 in the division. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He can be a enforcer.

Have a friend who is a raiders fan, he says that for whatever reason Joseph was in Grudens dog house when he became the Raiders head coach for some unknown reason. He didnt play him as much as he should have and Joseph is slightly injury prone to boot

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Have a friend who is a raiders fan, he says that for whatever reason Joseph was in Grudens dog house when he became the Raiders head coach for some unknown reason. He didnt play him as much as he should have and Joseph is slightly injury prone to boot

not surpising that an ego maniac coach like gruden does something like that, Freddie on the other hand was surprising with Higgins.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

not surpising that an ego maniac coach like gruden does something like that, Freddie on the other hand was surprising with Higgins.

Yeah from what he said Gruden def. has 'his guys' and Joseph despite his 1st round draft status was not one of them

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah from what he said Gruden def. has 'his guys' and Joseph despite his 1st round draft status was not one of them

dumb way to coach. Im hoping Kevin wont be like that, I assume they wont be, they plan to have little ego. 

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

agreed, but freddie seemed to have a bunch more ego, and seemed more insecure, time will tell, maybe kevin is a *****. 

That’s how it played out but in the beginning of his HC tenure. After being hired, after hiring his staff, and what not. He seemed pretty egoless. Talking about how he doesn’t know the answers but he would talk to people and have his coaches help him...etc etc. but when it came to put up and shut up, he didn’t do anything he really said

Right now I’m not trying to buy into the personality or what they are saying. Fell for that with Freddie and Hue before they coached a game. I’m just solely relying on schemes and play style for my excitement because they can’t really fake that. Berry just completed his first round of FA season and the draft. The building up of talent that fits Stef’s system and schemes is exciting. That we see players that fit exactly what Stef ran in Minny. We at least won’t see a 180 like what Freddie did.