2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

agreed, but freddie seemed to have a bunch more ego, and seemed more insecure, time will tell, maybe kevin is a *****. 

I didn’t buy Freddie’s humble ole boy bull ****. He was going to run Bruce Arians stupid system come hell or high water. He knew we didn’t have the offensive line to make it work.

If Grant Delpit lives up to his potential, the secondary is set.

Regarding the front 7, our DTs are set. At DE, it gets tricky. We have Myles, but don’t really have a #2 DE. I would LOVE to get Clowney. Clayborn is a good 4th DE. So I feel we need a #2 and #3 DE.

Linebacker, I don’t care. Just plug and play. 

24 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Grant Delpit lives up to his potential, the secondary is set.

Regarding the front 7, our DTs are set. At DE, it gets tricky. We have Myles, but don’t really have a #2 DE. I would LOVE to get Clowney. Clayborn is a good 4th DE. So I feel we need a #2 and #3 DE.

Linebacker, I don’t care. Just plug and play. 

no faith in Vernon?

29 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Not much.

Based on his injury history.

Well that means you need to make sure to have depth. He was going off not even considering him a solid #2 DE To have has a starter, which he is. He isn’t a #1 DE but not a lot of teams have #2 DE like him

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well that means you need to make sure to have depth. He was going off not even considering him a solid #2 DE To have has a starter, which he is. He isn’t a #1 DE but not a lot of teams have #2 DE like him

If he's healthy, Vernon is absolutely a quality starting DE IMO.

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If he is unavailable to play due to injury he is not a # anything.

That's the main reason I want Clowney.

I figure that between them we have a fair chance of being able to put a legitimate #2 DE on the field for most of the season.

• Like 1

Suppose this belongs here as well as anywhere else:

Going to be interested to see the performances of Winfield and Harrison compared to those of Delpit and Phillips, considering that both Winfield and Harrison were chosen with next picks following our picks of Delpit and Phillips.

Good gauge of the FO's judgement.

• Like 2

Man. If Myles didn’t lose his **** last year I wonder what his sack total would have been.

I think if he’s a Brown until his mid 30’s, he will easily break the browns all time sack record. He’s already on a Von Miller career trajectory.

1 minute ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Just saw a post on twitter saying Clowny bought a house in Strongsville. Dont know if accurate just noticed it in passing about 30 minutes ago. 

Well after going back to find it, every single reply was asking if it was Bill Cower or Josh McDaniels old house so I'm guessing not much going into this one. Sorry false alarm