Raiders officially release Antonio Brown; so do the Pats (LOL)

RaidersAreOne

Looks like Brown's house of cards may come tumbling down on top of him pretty quickly.  Maybe TB and BB can show him how to destroy evidence.  His trainer, landlord, and possible collusion with the Patriots may all come to light soon.  Strap in and get ready for the ride.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/nfl-star-antonio-brown-moves-151415904.html

It strikes me that the loss of AB is not really the absence of a #1 WR as I feel Williams will fill that role nicely. I get that AB is a top 5 guy and I am not trying to start the argument that Williams is better than Brown or anything like that (because on the field he is not), just that Williams is a legit #1 in his own right.

The real loss to our team is the loss of our #2 WR (now that Williams is the #1). So we have the #1 guy (Williams) and the dynamic TE (Waller), what this offense needs to be truly dynamic / over the top is that productive counter-punch WR2. I am interested to know if anyone feels that guy is on the roster for as deep we are at WR, the guys that are left feel like role players / developmental prospects:

• Nelson - Super-fast take the top off a defense kind of guy, can he be a legit all-rounder #2?
  • Grant - Wanted him to make the roster, but seems like that slot / #3 guy
  • Renfrow - I like Hunter, but again he is a rookie and more of a slot guy imho
  • Doss - [Insert Hard Knocks Clip here] I love his skill-set and definitely has future #2 potential, but there were a number of drops in that Seattle game and Gruden is a high percentage completion kind of guy.

I am not saying the #2 is not on the roster - I am just interested to see what the Nation thinks.

Of course another option is play Waller almost exclusively at WR2 and start Moreau at TE - which worked quite well on MNF. Yiadom must have been looking at Waller at 6-6, 250ish with his 4.4 to 4.5 speed and been thinking "You have to be kidding me".

4 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

^^I'd say no. None of those guys will provide consistent production from week to week. I'm not even expecting Williams to produce regularly. I think Jacobs will be the only one putting up numbers on a regular basis.

On Tyrell going to be consistent. He gets targets and doesn't drop the rock. Waller will be consistent too. I don't expect a drop off from Cook at all. 

The rest are all question marks. Grants got good hands and runs good routes. Nelson is fast as they come. Renefrow is a slot guy.

Doss is the intriguing candidate. I would start Grant tomorrow but I would try Doss our there with Tyrell and see what happens he is big, runs good routes and gets open. If he has a good game try to start him hes a good player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

On Tyrell going to be consistent. He gets targets and doesn't drop the rock. Waller will be consistent too. I don't expect a drop off from Cook at all. 

The rest are all question marks. Grants got good hands and runs good routes. Nelson is fast as they come. Renefrow is a slot guy.

Doss is the intriguing candidate. I would start Grant tomorrow but I would try Doss our there with Tyrell and see what happens he is big, runs good routes and gets open. If he has a good game try to start him hes a good player. 

I want to see Doss out there but I remember hearing that his issues where drops.  If that is the case and Carr did have an issue with Cooper because of drops how long before he starts to ignore Doss.  I do not think Gruden has much patience for WRs that drop the ball.

2 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

On Tyrell going to be consistent. He gets targets and doesn't drop the rock.

I hope you're right but his production (catches and yards), so far in his career, hasn't been consistent. Last year, in 10 starts, he had 4 games over 50 yards.

44 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I say get Doss some pt, if he looks out of place bench him or cut him. If he balls out we have a steal. No risk 

Not this week.  It is strange but this week 2 is a pivotal game for our season.  If we win this week we have a shot at the playoffs.  That is plenty to risk to see what we have in Doss.  If he is ready to contribute then put him out there.  If not then ride the bench young man.

On 9/12/2019 at 7:43 AM, G said:

He knew Buffalo would not cut him period. It also hurts draft capital of the Steelers to say no to Buffalo. He met up with Carr ASAP because if not it would look suspicious. Then to stay injury free with training camp he gets treatment. I think the foot injury was on purpose. He then makes a stink about his helmet which eats the rest of camp. His behavior had everyone saying CTE but the guy knew what he was doing when he caused trouble at the end of the Steelers season. Never understood why he’d target JuJu but AB and possibly Drew had a plan. I’m just glad that drama is not on our team anymore. You can overlook some drama for talent but this guy took it to bath salt levels. Was waiting to see him in Florida trying to eat brains from a homeless guy sleeping on the sidewalk.

AB is gone but we still have popcorn to enjoy the show. I’m hoping for exempt list with full meltdown on social media but expect he’ll ball out and get his ring and get a reality show. 

I don't think he's as smart as you think he is.

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I say get Doss some pt, if he looks out of place bench him or cut him. If he balls out we have a steal. No risk 

Cut him after his first game if he doesn't play well? Ok.

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Not this week.  It is strange but this week 2 is a pivotal game for our season.  If we win this week we have a shot at the playoffs.  That is plenty to risk to see what we have in Doss.  If he is ready to contribute then put him out there.  If not then ride the bench young man.

Call me crazy, but I don't think this game is pivotal for our season. No Week 2 game is lol. It could an indicator of how things could go. But there is a lot of football to be played over 14 weeks. We're going to learn certain things about where our team is right now when we play tomorrow. But teams develop over the course of the season, for better or worse

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Cut him after his first game if he doesn't play well? Ok.

Call me crazy, but I don't think this game is pivotal for our season. No Week 2 game is lol. It could an indicator of how things could go. But there is a lot of football to be played over 14 weeks. We're going to learn certain things about where our team is right now when we play tomorrow. But teams develop over the course of the season, for better or worse

Normally I would agree but we are not back home until November 3rd and we have a chance to build some momentum with a young team that has a lot of new parts.  Confidence is key and to go 2-0 at home allows for us to have some missteps and still maintain belief in ourselves that we can right the ship once we get back home.  It does not necessarily mean our season is over but I do think it will drastically reduce our ability to overachieve this year.

• Like 1