FA 2020

drfrey13

26 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

The money ain't going no where though. It still be available for top guys in 3 or 4 weeks I also dont think the new CBA will be approved in time either. 

I just don’t see it, it’s big money for these guys and for many of them their first big contract, it would be hard to put that off much longer.

one thing that came to mind is that the new facility is supposed to be a major selling point to FAs, without guys coming in for actual visits this could hurts us a bit. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

I hate to say it but FA gonna get off to a slow start. I mean how many players and agents getting on flights to visit teams? Kids gonna get pulled out of school in a week or so. I'm sure it will be some deals done. But not a lot. 

Yup. Teams are shutting down their facilities and suspending their travel one by one. I just don't see how FA goes on as normal. The NBA has far less players in its league and already two of their players have been infected. What happens when one of the potential free agents are infected. Will teams rush to give him big money when we dont know alot about this virus yet. Im sure teams will want to bring in guys to do physicals as well. Just alot of different variables right now. The NFL would look foolish if they continued on business as usual and potentially put more people at risk traveling. Every other league is suspending their operations.

• Like 1

Just now, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yup. Teams are shutting down their facilities and suspending their travel one by one. I just don't see how FA goes on as normal. The NBA has far less players in its league and already two of their players have been infected. What happens when one of the potential free agents are infected. Will teams rush to give him big money when we dont know alot about this virus yet. Im sure teams will want to bring in guys to do physicals as well. Just alot of different variables right now. The NFL would look foolish if they continued on business as usual and potentially put more people at risk traveling. Every other league is suspending their operations.

Exactly. People just want their sports so bad. 

• Like 1

Just now, oakdb36 said:

But in the 1st FA wave, players usually don't even visit before they agree to a contract. I could see the impact for the 2nd wave though.

They agree to terms barring they pass a physical administered by their team doctors. But if team facilities are shut down, coaches and staff are sent home, travel is suspended it'll make it all the more difficult to get those things done.

30 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

But in the 1st FA wave, players usually don't even visit before they agree to a contract. I could see the impact for the 2nd wave though.

So all NFL teams going to be doing this from home. All NFL facilities will be closed by monday. No doubt in my mind. Sure the top highest paid at the position guys might get done. But that's about it imo. 

Edited by dante9876
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

So all NFL teams going to be doing this from home. All NFL facilities will be closed by monday. No doubt in my mind. Sure the top highest paid at the position guys might get done. But that's about it imo. 

Really not a big deal.  This is how all trades are handled already.  They can have all the deals lined up and not official until a physical can be performed. 

• Like 1