FA 2020

drfrey13

I just appreciate that we’ve been “in” or at least interested with a lot of the big name FA’s and trade options. Shows that Mayock/Gruden are doing they’re due diligence and when that value goes beyond their plan, they’re out. Much better than not inquiring or going in and not having a plan. 

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I just appreciate that we’ve been “in” or at least interested with a lot of the big name FA’s and trade options. Shows that Mayock/Gruden are doing they’re due diligence and when that value goes beyond their plan, they’re out. Much better than not inquiring or going in and not having a plan. 

i love it too. If they do that at every position every year... we will continuously get better.

the downside is it could mean that pretty much every year we will have a qb debate lol, because I believe they will always look at options regardless of our QB. lol

but seriously, I love me some Mike Mayock. 

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sticking to their guns. Are people going to get up in arms again about that line?

Not up in arms.  I'd say a little disappointed.  Not in the line either... Just that trading for Slay literally opens up our draft to whatever we want to do.  I do understand sticking to their guns.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sticking to their guns. Are people going to get up in arms again about that line?

If we would have landed Jones with that contract what signings would we not have made?  Apple is obvious but other than that whole else would we have lost?

I would have liked Jones but I also like our depth signings we have made.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we would have landed Jones with that contract what signings would we not have made?  Apple is obvious but other than that whole else would we have lost?

I would have liked Jones but I also like our depth signings we have made.

I agree.the 2019 season showed this team lacked in the depth department big time. I’d rather get some competent backups than blow the load on a guy. I’ve been very high on this FA period. They’ve revamped the LB corps, added another starter at CB, and put some guys on the DL. 

I think the Raiders have to go WR at 12 (I think it’ll be Jeudy, I’d prefer Lamb though) At 19 they can trade back and pick up a guy. 

• Like 1