FA 2020

drfrey13

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I still think Gabe is gone and we target Damarious Randall.

Man If we could trade Jackson or restructure Trent to add Kirkpatrick and Randall (and possibly Ron Leary in a Gabe trade)..... we’d be in great position to only need to draft WR and then build by going BPA

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I thought I had posted prior to the most recent post on the topic that one could get released due to cost... although I could be wrong. If im wrong I admit it and apologize.  I didn’t think one would get released so soon nonetheless.

id love to jump in and get Kirkpatrick one a value, 1 year prove it deal.

thatd put us in better shape in the draft... less big needs to fill.

Yeah I wasn't coming at you or anything.

I'd rather not kick the tires on Kirkpatrick. I would rather cheaply bring back Worley or cheaply grab a guy like Tramon WIlliams. Worley was a leader for the young guys in the secondary and played pretty well especially when we were healthy on the dline and had a pass rush. Williams can provide a similar role and start early til he has to give way to a young guy and be a proven spot starter for injury. I expect us to double dip for corners regardless (one in the first or with a trade down in the 2nd and one in the later rounds). I also expect Johnson to be in the discussion early.

5 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I'd rather not kick the tires on Kirkpatrick. I would rather cheaply bring back Worley or cheaply grab a guy like Tramon WIlliams. Worley was a leader for the young guys in the secondary and played pretty well especially when we were healthy on the dline and had a pass rush. Williams can provide a similar role and start early til he has to give way to a young guy and be a proven spot starter for injury. I expect us to double dip for corners regardless (one in the first or with a trade down in the 2nd and one in the later rounds). I also expect Johnson to be in the discussion early.

All good bro, I didn’t take it like that at all.  just was trying to clarify.

i was kinda into Kirkpatrick as soon as he got cut but when I watched some videos of him the last few years and a quick game on nfl game pass today I guess I thought more of him than I should have.  Wasn’t impressed but he also wasn’t trash.

im with you on brining Worley back.  The majority of posters here think he stinks and are hoping he’s gone but I’d actually really like to have him back.  He ain’t all world but he’s decent and can start if needed and will be cheap.  With adding Apple, Mullen and Johnson developing, and prolly drafting a CB early I still think there’s a spot for Worley on this team.  We just have to be smart who we match him up versus.  He’s not fast enough for the speedy WRs.  But he has good value covering bigger WRs and TEs.

I’d love to have Worley back.... Dion Jordan too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don’t think we double dip on corners... we did last year with Mullen and Johnson.... I think we add a vet (like Worley) and draft one in rounds 1-2 (trade back/up if round 2).  But I think we also draft a safety in rounds 1-2 (as well).  So I do think we double dip early on DBs, not not solely CBs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t think we double dip on corners... we did last year with Mullen and Johnson.... I think we add a vet (like Worley) and draft one in rounds 1-2 (trade back/up if round 2).  But I think we also draft a safety in rounds 1-2 (as well).  So I do think we double dip early on DBs, not not solely CBs.

Yeah, that is another way to go. Grabbing one of the highly touted FS to pair with Abrams is a move I could see Mayock making and then getting a corner in the 3rd and signing a vet after the draft.

50 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Spot on.  I see us adding Worley and trying to get a 2nd to grab a CB or S in the second.  I keep doing mocks in the PFN simulator where I trade #19 to Chi for #43 and 50.  Always have a shot at a good S and CB.  Only scenarios I do not trade back with #19 is when a top D talent falls to #12 (Okudah, Simmons, and Brown) and I stay at #19 to grab WR Jefferson.  If Chi is willing to trade their 2 2nds for 19 we could easily walk away with a top WR, CB, and S.  Lamb, Diggs, and Delpit.  There is a wide range of players that will be available to us but we have to wait and see how the board falls to us.

Can't believe some of the names still out there in FA...Clowney is the real head scratcher but was probably wanting Mack money but will get a 15 mil prove it deal or maybe less. I'd liked him for that but we've spent our big tickets already so I'm liking RB Hyde to back up Jacobs. Clement on the cheap possible. CB probably Ryan but don't know if he's a fit but I thought he was a good player and surprised he's not signed. Verrett on vet min because he's always injured but use to be a bad arse. S Randall of course. DT Reed if he takes same money we pay Hankins. Don't want Big Hank getting upset as I'd like to resign him. Probably don't need Reed but I liked him and Robinson coming out of college. Don't think the FA list is updated as Ritchie was there at the bottom and we resigned him before FA started I thought...

I really like clement for Rb2 and Randall as FS1.

id pass on Verrett,,, his body is broken.  Not worth chasing what could have been.  He hasn’t been healthy in many years.

Jarron Reed signed a 2yr deal with Sea.  Some reporter predicted his deal online and he Responded saying that’s insultingly low, then a few days later didn’t even get that deal, lol.

• Like 1