FA 2020

drfrey13

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Apparently Brady is the major domino in FA. Just like LeBron in the NBA, teams will be hesitant to sign FAs until he commits 

I highly highly doubt this is true. Did you hear this someone or is it your opinion?

it’d be fair to say some teams will keep the cap space open to insure they could sign Brady if he chooses them.  However that is  different then What you said.

If Brady is going to wait, it’d be to see what the potential teams do to sure up the team around him.  He’s not going to sign with a team that has major holes at WR, RB, OL (and defense as a hole) unless their addressed.  He’s going to want to go to a team that gives him a shot to win.  He’s going to get his asking price wherever and whenever.

for example, if Brady was to decide to sign with us he’s going go want to us address WR in FA, as well as get some Defensive pieces.  Those approx 5 teams after him better fix their issues before he’s going to make a decision, and the approx 27 that aren’t in the hunt,,,. The vast majority of the league, are going to be running FA like every other year.

the analogy just isn’t true, at all.

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

“Only three penalties in 2019”.

This made me sooo happy. How many NFL Leading penalty machines have we had between Worley, Hayden, Amerson, Routt, etc. Mullen/Jones could be a new era for us. 

You think if he signs with us he’s not going to get the BS calls we always get?

sure it’s nice to have a guy who isn’t a flag magnet but penalties are kinda overrated.  How many penalties did Worley get this year? Maybe 7, I’m guessing.  What’s the difference in a 15yd catch allowed and penalty?  
it’s really the timing of the penalties that hurts. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

“Only three penalties in 2019”.

This made me sooo happy. How many NFL Leading penalty machines have we had between Worley, Hayden, Amerson, Routt, etc. Mullen/Jones could be a new era for us. 

His next line was "that may go up with the Raiders".   Whoever this guy is he deserves a job with the team making these videos.  Good quality breakdowns, good scripts, good comedic timing, and has a radio voice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

You think if he signs with us he’s not going to get the BS calls we always get?

sure it’s nice to have a guy who isn’t a flag magnet but penalties are kinda overrated.  How many penalties did Worley get this year? Maybe 7, I’m guessing.  What’s the difference in a 15yd catch allowed and penalty?  
it’s really the timing of the penalties that hurts. 

Penalty is a reputation thing. Byron Jones already has the reputation. Example: Revis and Sherman can get called holding on almost every damn play. 

29 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I highly highly doubt this is true. Did you hear this someone or is it your opinion?

it’d be fair to say some teams will keep the cap space open to insure they could sign Brady if he chooses them.  However that is  different then What you said.

If Brady is going to wait, it’d be to see what the potential teams do to sure up the team around him.  He’s not going to sign with a team that has major holes at WR, RB, OL (and defense as a hole) unless their addressed.  He’s going to want to go to a team that gives him a shot to win.  He’s going to get his asking price wherever and whenever.

for example, if Brady was to decide to sign with us he’s going go want to us address WR in FA, as well as get some Defensive pieces.  Those approx 5 teams after him better fix their issues before he’s going to make a decision, and the approx 27 that aren’t in the hunt,,,. The vast majority of the league, are going to be running FA like every other year.

the analogy just isn’t true, at all.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2878769-anonymous-exec-tom-brady-is-the-1-domino-paralyzing-the-entire-nfl-right-now

32 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Thats a poorly written article,  and i dont blame you for reciting what a major sports website wrote.

They even said  "Titans (though that cause would be hurt if Derrick Henry leaves in free agency)".  So Tennessee, even according to the anonymous executive has to resign Henry in order to land Brady.  I think they'd also have to address the whole at RT because of Conklin and Kelly being UFAs too.

He lists the teams in the hunt as "Raiders, Chargers, Colts and Titans".  

Raiders-  Tom aint coming here to throw to Renfrow and Williams only.  We better add at least a veteran piece (and promise to draft a WR @ 12/19) and get some defensive starters in FA.

Chargers-  Tom aint going to SD unless they pitch him on the idea of J. Willis, A.Thomas, M.Becton, or T. Wirfs definitely being the pick at #6 to solve the issues at RT and resign Hunter Henry and address RB, whether thats Gordon or someone else.  I feel like the Chargers more than anyone needs to come to that meeting with all their roster issues resolved because there just an undesirable franchise, not roster.  ((BTW whats up with Lamp?  He was suppose to be good. I know year 1 was an ACL injury but i thought i remember him being a healthy scratch early on year 2 and then he got IR'd mid season.  I just looked at their team, damn I hate to say it but thats the team he should go to.))

Colts-  They better have Castanzo resigned, bring in WR help along with Hilton, and sure up the defense a bit.  

and theirs the Pats which need to give him more weapons at WR and TE plus resign Thuney.  Not to mention that D has alot of FA's.

Theres 27 teams not in the Brady hunt, spending money on their issues without a care for Brady.

Yes, Brady does effect a lot of teams Free Agent decisions.  for example, if he signs with us then we trade Carr to TB who doesn't resign Winston and he signs with Indy, then Indy cuts of trades Briskett back to NE.

So it's true to say the free agent QB market will be paralyzed by Bradys decision.  However, all the teams without a set QB know they need to put 26-35m aside to get a QB.  They can still go about adding or keeping players in free agency.

Thats a classic example of a "Fake News" article.  Its using a catchy title line to get clicks.  Then once you read it they kind of back off how "paraylized" free agency will be by mentioning Tennssee better resign Henry in order to convince Brady to sign.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Thats a poorly written article,  and i dont blame you for reciting what a major sports website wrote.

They even said  "Titans (though that cause would be hurt if Derrick Henry leaves in free agency)".  So Tennessee, even according to the anonymous executive has to resign Henry in order to land Brady.  I think they'd also have to address the whole at RT because of Conklin and Kelly being UFAs too.

He lists the teams in the hunt as "Raiders, Chargers, Colts and Titans".  

Raiders-  Tom aint coming here to throw to Renfrow and Williams only.  We better add at least a veteran piece (and promise to draft a WR @ 12/19) and get some defensive starters in FA.

Chargers-  Tom aint going to SD unless they pitch him on the idea of J. Willis, A.Thomas, M.Becton, or T. Wirfs definitely being the pick at #6 to solve the issues at RT and resign Hunter Henry and address RB, whether thats Gordon or someone else.  I feel like the Chargers more than anyone needs to come to that meeting with all their roster issues resolved because there just an undesirable franchise, not roster.  ((BTW whats up with Lamp?  He was suppose to be good. I know year 1 was an ACL injury but i thought i remember him being a healthy scratch early on year 2 and then he got IR'd mid season.  I just looked at their team, damn I hate to say it but thats the team he should go to.))

Colts-  They better have Castanzo resigned, bring in WR help along with Hilton, and sure up the defense a bit.  

and theirs the Pats which need to give him more weapons at WR and TE plus resign Thuney.  Not to mention that D has alot of FA's.

Theres 27 teams not in the Brady hunt, spending money on their issues without a care for Brady.

Yes, Brady does effect a lot of teams Free Agent decisions.  for example, if he signs with us then we trade Carr to TB who doesn't resign Winston and he signs with Indy, then Indy cuts of trades Briskett back to NE.

So it's true to say the free agent QB market will be paralyzed by Bradys decision.  However, all the teams without a set QB know they need to put 26-35m aside to get a QB.  They can still go about adding or keeping players in free agency.

Thats a classic example of a "Fake News" article.  Its using a catchy title line to get clicks.  Then once you read it they kind of back off how "paraylized" free agency will be by mentioning Tennssee better resign Henry in order to convince Brady to sign.

In your own world you can think what you want. You obviously got beliefs about the league that isn't true. 

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Not true, NBA is much different. Non QB needy teams would feast. 

Just no, perhaps you don't understand what I'm saying. There is a correlation with the NBA big time FAs that happened in 2018. 

I'll put it in laymen terms for you and the other holier than you guy.

If I'm Teddy Brigdewater, Tannehill, Rivers agent etc, NO way is my client signing with any team until Brady signs. Teams money has to be spent. Teams that don't sign Brady will have lots of space for other FAs. Of course, you'll have some that will sign but the major players will be on hold until Brady signs.

The CBA is another domino effect

6 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Just no, perhaps you don't understand what I'm saying. There is a correlation with the NBA big time FAs that happened in 2018. 

I'll put it in laymen terms for you and the other holier than you guy.

If I'm Teddy Brigdewater, Tannehill, Rivers agent etc, NO way is my client signing with any team until Brady signs. Teams money has to be spent. Teams that don't sign Brady will have lots of space for other FAs. Of course, you'll have some that will sign but the major players will be on hold until Brady signs.

The CBA is another domino effect

Lmao way to get defensive on a football forum. 

how is a few QBs waiting for Brady to sign, similar to LBJ holding up the entire NBA? Your analogy doesn’t work, maybe if this was 10 years ago and Brady was still in his prime. 

stick to posting about DC...

Edited by Geezy

34 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

What about a trade for Darius Slay? Sounds like the value is a 3rd.

Slay for 3rd not bad but have to pay him too. 

But Byron is only money and 27 - 2 years younger

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

Slay for 3rd not bad but have to pay him too. 

But Byron is only money and 27 - 2 years younger

I like Slay a lot more than Jones for his ability to make plays on the ball. I don't know if signing Jones to a big contract is a good idea when he's basically never making any big plays. We got to start creating more turnovers and i don't think Jones and his 2 ints over his career will help with that.

Just now, oakdb36 said:

I like Slay a lot more than Jones for his ability to make plays on the ball. I don't know if signing Jones to a big contract is a good idea when he's basically never making any big plays. We got to start creating more turnovers and i don't think Jones and his 2 ints over his career will help with that.

I agree with u. But pick plus big money. And 3rd round trades haven't worked out