FA 2020

drfrey13

11 minutes ago, Steins Gate said:

I see what you are saying, and I trust Gruden and Mayock to do what's best, but that would be a step back. Basically a rebuild. If we were to do that, Just sign Keenum for 2 years and draft Fields in 2021. Cause, I'm almost certain that Keenum would get us in that position. 

Fields goes in the top 3 next season, he wont be available. We would have to bottom out in 2020. That would put Gruden on the hot seat

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Martinez at $10m/year yay or nay? 

I'm leaning towards yay, but not quite there yet. Probably just THAT starved for real LBs, and the guy is an absolute beast.

No way he gets 4 year 40M like he wants. I’ll give him 3 years 24M, like 19M guaranteed. 

• Like 1

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Fields goes in the top 3 next season, he wont be available. We would have to bottom out in 2020. That would put Gruden on the hot seat

True, a little hyperbole on my part, but we would still be picking in the top 10. 

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Not a fan of Keenum but he at least he is a new face at QB.

I don't want to get rid of Carr that badly to intentionally downgrade the QB position. 

I can deal with Keenum knowing that there is a high draft pick at QB waiting behind him. 

If the Raiders can’t get Schobert or Littleton they really should go after the smaller name LBs. Don’t over pay for a different version of Whitehead. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

No way he gets 4 year 40M like he wants. I’ll give him 3 years 24M, like 19M guaranteed. 

Martinez is so overrated due to his high tackle numbers.  The guys the master of tackling 8yds downfield.   155tkls with 5tfl this year.  3% TFL? Horrible!  He’s also pretty poor in pass coverage.  He’s the type of FA you read comments from his previous teams’ fans talking about how they don’t even want him back, then your signs him, most fans convince themselves to be excited, 2-3 games into a 4 year contract and we all want him cut immediately.  When we signed Whitehead I distinctly remember Lions falls laughing about how horrible in coverage he was.  3 years and something like 20 TDs allowed were (hopefully) going to replace him.

For the 10m APY he’ll likely get, we’d be better off just signing an aging vet for 1yr@3-5m.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I can deal with Keenum knowing that there is a high draft pick at QB waiting behind him. 

I have zero facts to prove it but I feel these Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick type QBs never end up losing their way to a top pick.  The gutsy pricks will have you out of the playoffs by week 6-8,,, then pull out wins 2 in of the 4 last games... and your picking 4-6 and looking at drafting someone like Ferrell instead of a Trevor Lawrence.

Almost every season at the end of the year we win a pointless game, lose a coin flip, or something else that causes us to be drafting Ferrell not Bosa, Joseph not Tunsil, etc etc.

We may not have been committed to excellence the last 15 years but also can’t commit to Sucking an entire season.

mark my words if we went with Keenum hoping to get Lawrence or Fields, wed end up with a meaningless week 17 win with last second field goal and get pick #5 only to see Lawrence, Fields, Justyn Ross, Greg Rousseau, and Penei Sewell all come off the board before we pick and we’re looking at one of about 8 guys who could go next or #15 cuZ there all in the Good but nothing tier.  Any time we ever pick early we end up doing so in a year where the draft sucks like 2013, we make the consensus can’t go wrong pick like a Robert Gallery and the sure fire HOF busts,  we go Full retard and pick JR, or we get the last guy in the elite tier (Mack, Cooper) and they grow to hate us and want out.

im all about tanking after we’re out of the playoffs but we always mess that up by a few picks.  But if we go full tank job we’ll end up like Miami and win by accident.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I have zero facts to prove it but I feel these Keenum, Ryan Fitzpatrick type QBs never end up losing their way to a top pick.  The gutsy pricks will have you out of the playoffs by week 6-8,,, then pull out wins 2 in of the 4 last games... and your picking 4-6 and looking at drafting someone like Ferrell instead of a Trevor Lawrence.

Almost every season at the end of the year we win a pointless game, lose a coin flip, or something else that causes us to be drafting Ferrell not Bosa, Joseph not Tunsil, etc etc.

We may not have been committed to excellence the last 15 years but also can’t commit to Sucking an entire season.

mark my words if we went with Keenum hoping to get Lawrence or Fields, wed end up with a meaningless week 17 win with last second field goal and get pick #5 only to see Lawrence, Fields, Justyn Ross, Greg Rousseau, and Penei Sewell all come off the board before we pick and we’re looking at one of about 8 guys who could go next or #15 cuZ there all in the Good but nothing tier.  Any time we ever pick early we end up doing so in a year where the draft sucks like 2013, we make the consensus can’t go wrong pick like a Robert Gallery and the sure fire HOF busts,  we go Full retard and pick JR, or we get the last guy in the elite tier (Mack, Cooper) and they grow to hate us and want out.

im all about tanking after we’re out of the playoffs but we always mess that up by a few picks.  But if we go full tank job we’ll end up like Miami and win by accident.

Almost spot on with the Gutsy QBs, that give you no hope but still win enough to stay in the NFL as a middling team. It is actually where I see Carr career going.

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Almost spot on with the Gutsy QBs, that give you no hope but still win enough to stay in the NFL as a middling team. It is actually where I see Carr career going.

Even when we’re not talking about Carr you have to insert hate on him?  What’s the deal? Did he not sign an autograph for you and your going all Stan (from Eminem song) on him?  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Even when we’re not talking about Carr you have to insert hate on him?  What’s the deal? Did he not sign an autograph for you and your going all Stan (from Eminem song) on him?  

That's not hating, it is a comparison to other middling QBs. You act like I grouped him in with the Mark Sanchez and Blaine Gabbert or Bortles area.

9 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Offensive much? Not cool.

Edited by SBXISBXVSBXVIII
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Raiders give Martinez 10 million I’ll flip. His weakness would fit in well with our weakness so there is a fit there. 

There’s a reason why the Packers want to replace Martinez with Schobert. It’s cause he sucks in coverage 

This, Martinez racks up tons of tackles 4 or 5 yards past the LoS, he's a decent tackler and high energy guy but below average in coverage and the type of guy you can draft in the 5th round like Lee or Compton who we already have/could have for much cheaper.