Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Do you remember how we obtained the last fringe 1st round DE from Boise St., DLaw? 

I'd much rather draft BPA at 17 and then package our 2nd with another pick to move up. 

The goal every year should be to get two guys with first round grades. By hook or crook if you end up the draft with two first round prospects it wont matter how you draft late.

CJ Henderson and Weaver or Matos would be a nice draft for us regardless of how our 5th round pick ends up.

I agree i'm just playing the long game in terms of trying to get multiple picks....preferably in future drafts. I think chido, brown and  lewis are three solid CBs and having dix with woods is solid as well.  But like i said getting two first round graded players with your first two picks is nice as well.

30 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Do you remember how we obtained the last fringe 1st round DE from Boise St., DLaw? 

I'd much rather draft BPA at 17 and then package our 2nd with another pick to move up. 

The goal every year should be to get two guys with first round grades. By hook or crook if you end up the draft with two first round prospects it wont matter how you draft late.

CJ Henderson and Weaver or Matos would be a nice draft for us regardless of how our 5th round pick ends up.

Unfortunately I don't think we've been scouting Matos. He would be a good pick if we had to choose between him and Henderson. Maybe Chaison but no scouting there either. 

While we're on the topic of Gross-Matos and trade downs, I just got the Draft Network's premium thing so I can do mocks with trades and all that other stuff. It's tough to trade down, you don't really get great value, but here is what I did.

Traded 17 to NE for 23 and 100.

23. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE - Penn State

I closely monitored the CB's and once there was only one 2nd round CB left, I traded up using my 4th.

43. Trevon Diggs, CB -  Alabama

I did the same thing with WR. Despite being in the 3rd round, I had a few 2nd round grades left. Once Brandon Aiyuk went, I made my move by giving up the 5th round comp pick.

71. Michael Pittman, WR - USC

100. Jordan Elliott, DT - Missouri

164. Harrison Bryant, TE - Florida Atlantic

So based on my personal rankings, I didn't draft anyone lower than a 3rd round grade.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

While we're on the topic of Gross-Matos and trade downs, I just got the Draft Network's premium thing so I can do mocks with trades and all that other stuff. It's tough to trade down, you don't really get great value, but here is what I did.

Traded 17 to NE for 23 and 100.

23. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE - Penn State

I closely monitored the CB's and once there was only one 2nd round CB left, I traded up using my 4th.

43. Trevon Diggs, CB -  Alabama

I did the same thing with WR. Despite being in the 3rd round, I had a few 2nd round grades left. Once Brandon Aiyuk went, I made my move by giving up the 5th round comp pick.

71. Michael Pittman, WR - USC

100. Jordan Elliott, DT - Missouri

164. Harrison Bryant, TE - Florida Atlantic

So based on my personal rankings, I didn't draft anyone lower than a 3rd round grade.

That would be solid. Do you recall who was available at 17 ?

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

That would be solid. Do you recall who was available at 17 ?

I believe Kinlaw was there, but I wanted to move back and see what would happen. Herbert was available so I figured that would make perfect sense for a trade down. In real life I'd hold out for a higher pick than 100, but the trading on there is really tough

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Am I the only one who thinks the NFL draft may be pushed back? 

No reason to. You can do everything over the phone and even make it entertaining.

A lot of top prospects have skyped in with their families at home. Obviously it's not ideal but absolutely doable. 

59 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

No reason to. You can do everything over the phone and even make it entertaining.

A lot of top prospects have skyped in with their families at home. Obviously it's not ideal but absolutely doable. 

Well at least the kanban was done but so much of the draft the individual workouts leading up to the draft and it just seems the NFL will be taking more blind shots at players been in years past

Just now, Tony7188 said:

Looking at how FA is going, I don’t think Henderson will last until the 17 pick. They will probably have to trade up ahead of Atlanta to get him. 

What I’m slightly afraid of is losing Henderson, Kinlaw, and Chiasson. Hopefully one of those three (or a WR) falls